What makes Scientology teachings false?

Vexen

53 minutes ago, Vexen said:

L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction wasn't worth reading.

From what little I know of them, the secrets of the religion he created aren't worth paying for either.

I suppose his religion is as true as any, but sillier than most.

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

Pages and pages of poorly writen ridiculous scifi writings which you get to see at OT 7 level of "faith" after you payed them hundreds of thousands of dollars. Then theres slappy Miscavige who runs a corporation based on modern version of slavery (Sea Org), breaking up families by the Scientology disconnection policy and dozens of other examples which put Scientology in a cult bucket.
By the way...please cut down on the amount of threads before you get shut down by the mods. Most of the content I see in the last week or two is started by you and frankly, you could use google for most of it.

Edited by koti

13 hours ago, Vexen said:

Have you seen those teachings?
" According to this story, 75 million years ago Xenu brought billions of people to Earth in spacecraft resembling Douglas DC-8 airliners, stacked them around volcanoes and detonated hydrogen bombs in the volcanoes. The thetans then clustered together, stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to do this today. "

13 hours ago, Carrock said:

L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction wasn't worth reading.

I remember getting an anthology of SF stories from the library. Each story was prefaced with a little anecdote by the editor. At the start of the Hubbard one, it had the story of Hubbard going to his publisher and saying he was tired of writing fiction for almost no money and had decided to invent a religion because he thought he could make more money that way. (I wish I knew what the book was but this was more than 50 years ago!).

20 minutes ago, Strange said:

I remember getting an anthology of SF stories from the library. Each story was prefaced with a little anecdote by the editor. At the start of the Hubbard one, it had the story of Hubbard going to his publisher and saying he was tired of writing fiction for almost no money and had decided to invent a religion because he thought he could make more money that way. (I wish I knew what the book was but this was more than 50 years ago!).

Wow, very accurate for that time. They probably hounded that editor somewhere along.