Is the laws of nature God?

Vexen

God is the creator of everything. 
Now if God created everything, then there  will be steps on how God created a thing - then the question of 'if there are laws of nature', then the answer is - "There are". Why? We learned in Biology how nature balance our ecosystem.

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/nwepecosystems.hmtl

Then we will go back to the question, "Is the laws of nature, God"?

There are two things of argument. If God created nature, then it is God but if God is part of nature, then God must also comply with the laws of nature. am I right?

The second one, if we based it to 'division of labors' of gods (Mythology), each god has power to control of the nature within his/her 'watch'. So nature, after all is not God.

If good and evil are clashing because of two major parties competing with each other (The god of good and the god of evil or in Christian world, one god but created man to have the freedom to do good or evil), then their battlefield is 'nature'.  One party trying to preserve nature and the other, to destroy it. 

If God created the Universe, then the laws of nature is God. But we cannot also deny the possibility that there could also be a higher god other than the god we know, if this god only rules this part of cosmos. So, the laws of nature, in this case is not God. 

For me, the more relevant thing to be concerned of, is, if the laws of nature, God, why it seems 'man' tend to destroy it, just to fit the environment for our needs? Industrialization cause pollution and other damage to planet Earth and yet, we developed them by studying the  the laws of nature and apply it to fit our needs. So, are we, also gods?

I conclude then, as to the above analysis,  the laws of nature is not God, at all.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, Itoero said:

No, the laws of nature imply what we say about nature.

You forgot something...

On 9/28/2018 at 3:22 PM, Itoero said:

The laws of the universe are what we say about the universe through experiments/empirical evidence.

Italics by me.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:12 PM, Vexen said:

Is the laws of nature God?

No. The 'laws of nature' are not 'laws', but abstract descriptions of how nature behaves. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 8:26 PM, Sirjon said:

God is the creator of everything.

Aliens from another universe created an AI and this AI created our universe and everything in it.

My flight of fancy has exactly the same amount of evidence as your conjecture.

My point is, in a scientific discussion bringing in the supernatural is nugatory.

PS:  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to use the word nugatory.:-)

No the laws of nature are very probably not God. God very probably doesn't exist.

I know this because life can be so cruel to so many people. I think there is a so-called problem of evil.

I mean why are there so many struggling poor people if there is a loving God? Why can't we all be rich and happy if there is a God who loves and cares about every single one of us? 

And why do girls always have to break your heart?

I hope you get my point: There is too much evil, suffering and heartbreak going on this planet so this cannot possibly be the work of an all-loving God.

This world is way too cruel for there to be a loving and caring God and this is my opinion at least.

Edited by seriously disabled

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 10:21 PM, Bufofrog said:

Aliens from another universe created an AI and this AI created our universe and everything in it.

My flight of fancy has exactly the same amount of evidence as your conjecture.

My point is, in a scientific discussion bringing in the supernatural is nugatory.

PS:  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to use the word nugatory.:-)

yes.

• 2 weeks later...