Mixture of Sodium Bicarbonate and Sodium Chloride

pennieloot

You could sell it as a "natural" cleaning product. The advantage is no processing is required. It just needs to be packaged and sold. Any other use would, I imagine, require the sodium bicarbonate to be further purified, which might not be economically viable.

Applications could be many. Sounds like a homemade toothpaste or mouthwash mix.

1 hour ago, pennieloot said:

what kind of further processing can be done to make is usable?.

Useable for what? If you want to take the salt out it will dissolve... but it depends on what you want it for.  What was it's original application?

currently its been used by silicate manufacturers illegally without removing the salt. If salt is removed than it can be a good value addition. I want to know a better application for it. around 400MT is produced every month

Edited by pennieloot

4 hours ago, pennieloot said:

I have access to a pharma company waste which is mixture of 89% NahCo3 and 11% NaCl. What can be its application and what kind of further processing can be done to make is usable?. Its in massive quantities. 

@chenbeier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table

Sodium Chloride has solubility in water ~360 g/L

Sodium Bicarbonate has solubility in water ~70 g/L

You should be able to separate them using water.

16 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Would you like to expand on that?

I said the same thing about it being easy to wash out the salt.  Although thinking about it, it would be a nightmare to wash out the salt from 400MT of material and it probably isn't necessary anyway. In a high school lab session removing the salt from that mix would be easy to do for a few grams. Large scale industrially though - would probably not be necessary or practical.

Is that what you were getting at?

On 3/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, DrP said:

I said the same thing about it being easy to wash out the salt.  Although thinking about it, it would be a nightmare to wash out the salt from 400MT of material and it probably isn't necessary anyway. In a high school lab session removing the salt from that mix would be easy to do for a few grams. Large scale industrially though - would probably not be necessary or practical.

That's part of it, though multi tonne crystallizations are fairly common in industry. (I assume that MT is metric tonnes rather than megatons)
But I really look forward to 
(1) data for the solubility of each component in the presence of varying concentrations of the other

(2) the way in which that data varies with temperature

(3) the behaviour of other species like sesquicarbonate and carbonate that will form when the mixture is heated.
(4)  the nature and properties of any binary and ternary mixed salts that form

and, most of all, some semblance of a justification for this assertion

On 3/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, Sensei said:

You should be able to separate them using water.

I'm not saying it's wrong. I just wonder how anyone who understood the very complex  problem could be so confident that they were right.

39 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

I'm not saying it's wrong. I just wonder how anyone who understood the very complex  problem could be so confident that they were right.

...if you think that my proposition of separation of compounds was too complex to achieve, then be so kind and propose your own other economically viable compound separation method interesting for @pennieloot... I believe so, that will be more constructive..

On 3/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, DrP said:

John (aka "nitpicker"), in known for, instead of answering OPs questions, is nitpicking other members answers, giving nothing interesting to people who originally asked question instead..

10 hours ago, Sensei said:

I believe so, that will be more constructive..

Well, yes, a good answer would be more constructive.

But a bad answer is less constructive than none at all, isn't it?
 Why send the OP off on a wild goose chase?

10 hours ago, Sensei said:

John (aka "nitpicker"),

Pointing out that something will not work (Or, at least, won't be easy or practical) is not "nitpicking".

I could, of course have come up with other suggestions- but the ones that I thought of had already been put forward- so I didn't waste everyone's time with something repetitive  or  new, but silly.

I note that, in all the excitement, you seem to have forgotten to answer my question.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, John Cuthber said:

Would you like to expand on that?

Edited by John Cuthber

On 3/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, pennieloot said:

I have access to a pharma company waste which is mixture of 89% NahCo3 and 11% NaCl. What can be its application and what kind of further processing can be done to make is usable?. Its in massive quantities.

Not quite the same thing, but I wondered if there was any connection?

http://www.techno-preneur.net/technology/new-technologies/chemicals-tec/sodium.html