Engine that sucks piston instead of pushes

ntdsc

Awhile back I posted an engine design of just the cylinder where the piston goes up and down, and it wasn't complete.  It had a row of X's that encircle the interior of the cylinder a bit below half way down just below the gas vapor entry points (the vapor entry points are facing each other from opposite sides of the cylinder).  The point is that I'm trying to make it suck the piston down.  The row of X's are metallic ribbons that poke up along the perimeter in repeated side-by-side X's.  But you need two holes, and you shape them so it's difficult for air to blow out upon explosion, and easier to blow in from outside  (I drew it so it curves in the drawing in the side drawing of a hole).  Then when the cylinder builds pressure, it will cavitate into donut shape vapors, and string will enter from outside through the holes, and the cylinder should be sucked down (so the difference from the RedBarron one that sucks) is the cavitation effect from the two holes.  RedBarron's device created swirling vortices inside and with the cavitation, it should be better, but I may be stuck on the idea of the two holes.  The row of X's is the same as the repeated same shape and side-by-side 3d mounds in his gravity generator, but my are 1d X's that are ribbons so have two-dimensional shape because it sticks out a bit from the perimeter, ie it has some dimension.

But the thing is that on the Conway life forum in -Other automatas- (classic cellular automata), there's a recent post about my title quantum computer, and I think it completely mirrors this and RedBarron's device.  The reason it's close is that it has a fractal size shape, and it now makes a shape in the drawing on that forum that appears in a shrinking rule of the same pattern, but when you shift the edges in a wrapped pattern, it creates the same shape although larger.  The inward smaller shape occurs because it creates a 4-spoke curved clockwise set of 4 string arms, and when you layer clockwise on top of counterclockwise, and execute so that the center four arms disappear, the outward arms come down to meet the center, and there are 2 from clockwise/counterclockwise and it just makes the shape in the drawing on that forum (second shape).  And there is a removal of a large square at the center, and usually a repeating pattern emerges from that, but from the shifting, it creates more of an intelligence.  The redbarron device also creates an intelligence that tries to enter the cylinder, but I'm still trying to complete the cellular automata.

Untitled.png

Edited by ntdsc

I think a more clear description an picture is needed, it's hard to comment or discuss the design. 

19 minutes ago, ntdsc said:

The redbarron device also creates an intelligence

I'm pretty sure that device did not, and was not intended to, create intelligence.

• 3 weeks later...