Does your online personality correlate to your real life personality?

Vexen

19 minutes ago, Vexen said:

Does your online personality correlate to your real life personality

No. Never been much of a talker. I observe and listen mostly. But online I ask questions and give my two cents.

I cannot improve upon perfection, so there's just the one personality for me.    halo.PNG.9956948a28ea57ca4625fa5aa602789b.PNG       

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, Vexen said:

Definitely. I have irl as many friends as I have online:)

Edited by Itoero

I'm not certain-- but I try.  The internet makes it possible for people to say things and be aggressive in ways that they would probably never do in face-to-face conversations.  I try to avoid this and behave in the same manner I would in conversations with friends.  Civility is important to me.

40 minutes ago, OldChemE said:

I'm not certain-- but I try.  The internet makes it possible for people to say things and be aggressive in ways that they would probably never do in face-to-face conversations.  I try to avoid this and behave in the same manner I would in conversations with friends.  Civility is important to me.

Hit the nail fair square on the head! I'd put it another way and say for many people who are cowards, it is the vehicle they use. And while  I'm a light hearted sort of bloke, who likes humor, I tend to fire back at any aggressiveness towards me, which at times, is not always fruitful or appropriate. I am now trying to curb my "giving them what they deserve" response and taking other more moderate courses of action. To sum up my personality, I'm a real nice bloke to genuine nice people, and a nightmare to bullies and anti science trolls.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, Vexen said:

Why not?

not that I am a genius(or get 4.0) but I come from an underperforming school where the only people who are sci nuts are me and my brother I think only one other kid is attempting to build a rocket. also, I am not good at starting convos but online it is a bit easier because it is not face to face. along with a host of other reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, Vexen said:

Kind of, in real life there are aspects of life such as my personality to which I am clueless. 

Online I am virtually, clueless...

On 3/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, Vexen said:

Definitely not. In real life, I ask about 10 times as many questions, I observe and analyze people's behaviors which I don't do online, and I also answer questions a lot more online then I do offline due to my ability to quickly google something if I'm online.

• 2 months later...

No, it's a lot easier to have an opinion on line. There's no way I would ask some of the questions I've asked to the people that have replied if we were face to face, Would feel like an idiot.

forums like this let you be yourself more, but it's a lot easier to behave differently. Some of the things I've said to people online or through texting I would never say face to face. Being online makes it too easy to avoid the consequences of what you type.