How do I become a moderator on this website?

53 minutes ago, Vexen said:

Is it difficult to be a moderator?

Rule number one of moderator club is that anyone actively seeking to be a moderator is unqualified to be one.

Just now, swansont said:

Rule number one of moderator club is that anyone actively seeking to be a moderator is unqualified to be one.

yeah... just ask that dad on a pogo stick guy

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

I’ll give you an honest answer since you deseve one because you’ve been opening so many threads with so many questions;

Firstly, your knowledge needs to exceed the knowledge of majority of the posters, you need to be able to give fruitful, coherent answers to the questions people ask, difficult questions. Secondly, you need to be patient and never give in to emotion, you always need to keep your cool. Thirdly, you need to be able to dedicate a lot of your time, months and years.

Also a degree related to the section you moderate would be welcome. And knowledge...deep knowledge on the subject you moderate. Which section which you would like to moderate do you have in mind? 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

yeah... just ask that dad on a pogo stick guy

Consider how long passed between his insistence that he'd make a great mod, his age then (it was several years), and the life changes that one goes through in the span between that and him becoming a mod.

IOW, he wasn't chosen because he asked/insisted. His qualifications improved when he stopped.

2 hours ago, Vexen said:

What do you think being a moderator entails?

3 hours ago, Vexen said:

You also need to note that there is a group of people on forums who hold a much more prestigious title than the ones who are mods - the ones who were asked to moderate and refused ;) 

25 minutes ago, koti said:

You also need to note that there is a group of people on forums who hold a much more prestigious title than the ones who are mods - the ones who were asked to moderate and refused ;) 

Damn!

2 hours ago, Vexen said:

So, I can help those in need.

I don't think that is the purpose of moderation. We enforce the rules and clean up the mess left by those who won't follow the rules. Kind of a cross between border patrol and trash collectors.

2 hours ago, Vexen said:

So, I can help those in need.

Most folk here don't need a moderator's help.

Often they need answers to questions. Sometimes they just like to ask about something (in the field of science)  they found interesting.

19 hours ago, Strange said:

I don't think that is the purpose of moderation. We enforce the rules and clean up the mess left by those who won't follow the rules. Kind of a cross between border patrol and trash collectors.

Lol, keep up the good work.