What made you stop believing in God?

Vexen

18 minutes ago, Vexen said:

What made you stop believing in God?

I never really believed in God. I learned about him(or it?) at school, was baptized and did two communes but never actively believed in God.

I’ve never stopped believing in God. His effect still remains. 

You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday. You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available? That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect. Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror. You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself? There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil. Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.

What powers do humans have? Produce feces, produce urine, produce sweat, have anus, repulsive body odors etc Humans are 100% imperfect and therefore are all evil.

Diseases like cancer exist to terminate humanity. Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil. The force of goodness put such things in place to ensure that evil continues to die.

Yes, evil still exists today, but one day, evil would have suffered sufficient killer blows to be deleted. Then all humanity would be dead in hell for eternity. This all means that God is working secretly at the helm, even though you can’t see him.

38 minutes ago, SurpriseMan said:

You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die?

Sorry, I stopped reading at this. How would being "really good" prevent death? Does goodness reverse aging somehow? Can you provide any evidence of this? I'll read on...

40 minutes ago, SurpriseMan said:

All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday.

Wait a minute, we're evil because we're going to inevitably die? How does that work? This makes it sound like your god designed us to be evil, because he designed us to be mortal. Why would I be held responsible? Most religious beliefs lack reasoning, but I find this really difficult to process.

4 hours ago, iNow said:

It's even worse than that. ALL life eventually dies, so by that logic ALL life is evil. I suppose logic doesn't matter when it comes to belief in god(s), though.

Hey, wait a minute, how does an omniscient, omnipotent, perfect god mess up ALL LIFE? He knew it would happen, he had the power to fix it, he did it anyway, and now holds his creations responsible for his mistake, tormenting them for eternity because he designed them to die?!

Mysterious ways indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never believed in God in the first place. My parents are both atheists and so am I.

And when you see all the cruelty, the hardship, the greed and the other terrible things which happen in this world then I think this is enough evidence to question Gods existence.

Edited by seriously disabled

1 hour ago, seriously disabled said:

And when you see all the cruelty, the hardship, the greed and the other terrible things which happen in this world then I think this is enough evidence to question Gods existence.

Read the Old Testament. Cruelty, hardship, greed and other terrible things are just as likely to be evidence that God DOES exist.

1 hour ago, seriously disabled said:

I never believed in God in the first place. My parents are both atheists and so am I.

but not his book. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • swansont locked and unlocked this topic