What is your favorite tv series at the moment?

Vexen

17 hours ago, iNow said:

Good Omens was fun. Was glad they didn’t completely ruin the book. 

I had read the book, but my wife hadn't, so we  while we watched it from different perspectives, we both enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...

The Arthdal chronicles, and  Dark matter, and other similar fantasies. Note the only thing the two have in common is that they are fantasies that tell  a good story. I suppose that either could have deeper meanings but for those types of thought I prefer Firefly more modern, or Babylon 5 more nostalgic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is John(in english). I am new here, so Greetings to everyone.

My loved series i try to keep on my computer. Now i have only 128 gb disk. So i keep:

My name is Earl - all 4 seasons. All seasons i've seen many, many times

Death in Paradise but only 1st and 2nd season, because there is chemistry between DI and SI

ALF - 1st and 2nd

some episodes of Columbo

That's all + some films/ Midnight run, Evil under the sun, Rounders, Zero effect, Training day, The Big Lebowski and some other.

Great news,  Whitney, TBBT, HIMYM, Malcolm...    Watch now on tv.

These were on the old computer disk

Burn Notice, Mentalist, Ground Floor, TBBT, HIMYM were on my hard disk with subtitles and that is how i haven't studied english yet. Despite the efforts.

Master i Margarita - all 10 series 6 times watched so far, without any subtitles. This is how i fight with russian language.

Edited by waive15

"Listen very carefully, I shall say Zis only once."  -  Michelle of the Resistance  - 'Allo, 'Allo

Yes Minister

The thin blue line  /if you listen closely, you will hear that often in the film they pronounce MY as ME/It is adorable.

6 hours ago, Endy0816 said:

Same here :)

Really captures the magic of the original trilogy.

I don’t know how they managed to do it but they did capture the original magic from 40 years ago. I still havent watched yesterdays episode, will watch sometime today :) 

• 3 years later...

It keeps changing. I have limited access to current programming though my CBC subscription; otherwise, streaming or DVD when the internet's down.

ATM, Dr. Blake on Knowledge Network (they've started to rerun it from the beginning) and I've just finished the Madam Secretary DVD's and started again on Numbers.

We have bot X Files and Fringe, but I'm just not in the mood for fictional horror when there is so much of the real thing loose out there.

Edited by Peterkin

• 1 month later...

Would you say there is some unifying theme to your viewing?

😀

I have enjoyed shows with science themes woven in, like Breaking Bad, House MD, or the first CSI series.  I mostly avoid "binge" shows where all the shows are connected in plotline so you have to watch every episode.  BB was an exception.  Fringe was okay, the ones I saw, except that the star always looked like she was smelling odd odors.  X files was pretty uneven, but I liked the standalone episodes, sometimes referred to as MOTW episodes.  The humorous ones were usually well done.  

• 2 months later...

After I recently discovered this serial has been made publicly available I immediately watched it again....

"Young Dracula," is a tragicomic fantasy melodrama for children and adults, spanning six years, dealing with the battle between evil and good from the viewpoint of Count Dracula's children: Ingrid, 14, and Vlad, 12, who know they will soon transform into evil, bloodsucking vampires, or cease to exist.

The dialogue, plot and character development are IMO better than most adult tv drama.

It's now available on the BBC IPlayer and also free on UTube