What is your favorite tv series at the moment?

Vexen

22 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

You lot need to get on science forums more.  :)

I got rid of FB last week, surprising how the world is different without wasting time.  Kept messenger as its difficult not to have it. 

21 minutes ago, koti said:

I got rid of FB last week, surprising how the world is different without wasting time.  Kept messenger as its difficult not to have it. 

FB's like heroin: addictive and bad for you. All you are to FB is data and dollars.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:20 AM, StringJunky said:

FB's like heroin: addictive and bad for you. All you are to FB is data and dollars.

I have FB for work purposes but don't find it all that entertaining. I have read that for some it is highly addictive but only loosely understand that appeal. 

FB does have original programming now, Link. I haven't seen any of it yet though. 

• 4 months later...

I've worked through Luther and DCI Banks on Amazon prime. Can't seem to be able to find other good whodunnit detective stories (where they actually work through the clues, instead of having the murder be a mcguffin in a drama that happens to be about police/detectives)

33 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

We are binging on Stranger Things right now! 

Lost Girl is a great show if like super sexy super natural fae heroines... 

We watched Stranger Things already, the 3rd season is better than the 2nd imo. The Orville was awesome I hope they make more.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Airbrush said:

Game of Thrones.  Some argue the ending was wrong, but I disagree.  The ending was as unpredictable as I could imagine.  Arya Stark was the hero, saving the world of the living from the world of the dead.

Basil Fawlty tried to do the same, but someone mentioned the war...

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, koti said:

I'm at season 2 episode 8 of "The Expanse" I haven't been sleeping much last few nights, I'm hooked. 

Which ones?

The Walking Dead (though I must admit that my enthusiasm for the show has waned. It's almost a "Not wanting to give up on it after investing in it for so long" more than a "can't wait  for the next episode". 

The Good Place (though this is ending after this season)

Supernatural  (my wife actually was the one to start this one, I just started watching because it was on in the background. Another show in its last season.

I do also watch The Flash

On Netflix we'll watch The Kominsky MethodStranger Things  and enjoyed the first season of Lost in Space, 

We are currently catching up with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime (We just finished Good Omens)

I heard that the Orville is switching to Hulu. so that'll be a streaming series also.

If it wasn't for our daughter and her boyfriend, I doubt we would have sprung for any of these streaming services on our own, they set us up with all three.

13 hours ago, Janus said:

The Walking Dead (though I must admit that my enthusiasm for the show has waned. It's almost a "Not wanting to give up on it after investing in it for so long" more than a "can't wait  for the next episode". 

The Good Place (though this is ending after this season)

Supernatural  (my wife actually was the one to start this one, I just started watching because it was on in the background. Another show in its last season.

I do also watch The Flash

On Netflix we'll watch The Kominsky MethodStranger Things  and enjoyed the first season of Lost in Space, 

We are currently catching up with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime (We just finished Good Omens)

I heard that the Orville is switching to Hulu. so that'll be a streaming series also.

If it wasn't for our daughter and her boyfriend, I doubt we would have sprung for any of these streaming services on our own, they set us up with all three.

Thanks for the tips. If it wasn’t for our kid and the new TV we wouldn’t be using Netflix too...the main reason was Dolby Vision which is supported by Netflix and since our new TV has it, In using it. It sucks btw, the technology is not yet mature. I’m waiting for the next season of Orville but apparently Hulu is not available in my country so its either using some twitchy VPN or torrents which really sucks because the show is so good that I’d like to support it.

4 hours ago, koti said:

Thanks for the tips. If it wasn’t for our kid and the new TV we wouldn’t be using Netflix too...the main reason was Dolby Vision which is supported by Netflix and since our new TV has it, In using it. It sucks btw, the technology is not yet mature. I’m waiting for the next season of Orville but apparently Hulu is not available in my country so its either using some twitchy VPN or torrents which really sucks because the show is so good that I’d like to support it.

Our daughter got us a ROKU a few years ago.  At the time we had a fairly low end internet connection speed, and it really didn't get much use.  It wasn't until a couple of years ago when we upgraded our internet, that we got the Netflix set up. Hulu came later (mainly because my daughter wanted us to watch a series she really loved (Timeless), which was on Hulu ( not a Hulu original but a canceled network show).    Just recently while we were over at their place, we happened to mention that we had just recently caught a couple of episodes of Good Omens while spending the night at a place that had Amazon Prime.( I've read the book a couple of times, and remember being excited when I heard it was going to be made for TV, and then disheartened when I learned it would be on Amazon Prime, which we didn't have).   That's when my daughter's boyfriend offered to set us up with it.

One nice thing about the Roku is that it allows us to watch Yahoo! sports on our TV.  Normally this would not be that big a thing except that we do like to follow our local NWSL team (Professional Women's Soccer team), and their games are very seldom televised, while Yahoo! sports does stream the games.

Good Omens was fun. Was glad they didn’t completely ruin the book. 

Was pretty stoked when I discovered there were a bunch of Jeopardy episodes on Netflix so watched them all.  

My wife and I are right now “trying on” Another Life with Katee Sackhoff from Battlestar right now. A bit slow and predictable with just a touch of forced drama, but overall a nice show thus far to end the evening after we get the kids to sleep.