Split from The nature of time ( question).

Hey folks, new to scientific and algorithmic interpretation.  I am looking for a bit of guidance regarding a graph I have created and it's practical application(s).   It very much has to do with relativity, but I am nervous to fully share with strangers online.  I don't know anyone who can communicate about physics I did not acquire understanding in an orthodox way.  I needed a graph that could give me all relevant data in one place so I derived one. After applying data it functioned exactly as expected, excited I determined to understand what makes this graph work and what I found was overwhelming, amazing and frightening.

A crash course through physics, my mind wandered toiling over a 3d probability decay graph I had drawn to provide support for the main work a geometrical construct appeared in my imagination, and instantly I understood things about physics and math that I never could have understood any other way. I wrote theory and applied data without google or any outside input because I needed to do the math myself and later see how it held up against Einstein, Tesla, Newton, Hawking...... I don't consider myself like these men. I do feel as if what I have derived binds all of their laws, theories and ideas to one universal equation. A simplified visual representation of what these men have discovered.

As I compared my imaginings to the works of the greats I couldn't find any fault with my discovery. I have really tried to discount my own interpretation but the more I research, the more I seem to only be proving the work. Honestly I could use other theorists and mathematicians to just prove or disprove it. I am coding the graph for commercial purposes but that isn't what is important here. I can handle NDAs and business but my question is:

How do I, an undergrad with a ridiculous claim, approach academia? 

I know this sounds a bit sensational, it does to me as well. I never wanted to understand the universe on this level. My very selfish intent was to use data to gain an edge in markets. this graph can do that. What I found was information that could be as dangerous as it is wonderful. I really don't know what to do with that, so I am here, for wisdom.  Wish I could show you all my work but what if I am right? help please.

Edited by Einy and The Greeks
Posted in a non relevant local.

9 hours ago, Einy and The Greeks said:

How do I, an undergrad with a ridiculous claim, approach academia? 

If your ideas have a scientific flavor, you might start by opening your own thread in the forum, in which other forum members can discuss with you. 

I see that it is a separate thread now. That is a good beginning.

You say something that, unless I misunderstand, sounds like you now through your discovery have the ability to understand various things that researchers had to ponder about for a while.

Which to a scientific mind means that you appear able to predict the outcomes of certain scientific experiments,. Let us say, like how long it will take a ball to run a downslope of 10 degrees and a length of 1 meter. Just the same as a physicist who knows the value of the gravitational constant G and the mass M of the Earth would be able to, of course correcting suitably for air resistance? 

Since the results of experiments like this already confirm the previously measured values of G and M, do you think that you can make similar predictions for other measurements, especially of things that are not yet known? If you can do this, then your ideas will be sensationally confirmed. And the good thing is that you do not even have to reveal to anyone how you did it, so noone will be able to steal your work.

Thank you. Not worried about theft as much as I am misapplication. The graph does show that with every + there is -.  

Is knowing too much about the probable future may not be a great thing because well, to know the probable future is to have control of the probable future. Good for somethings bad for others.

What I’ve created is old math, maybe the oldest. It’s the math that we use in our minds everyday to quantify info and make decisions. I hate counting so I created a graph that can basically count of an infinite amount of  info and represents a visual interpretation of the Value of x over θ.

The higher the input data volume the more accurate the visual indicator will be.

With this model one could:

predict markets accurately

construct a map of the universe (take a while)

create AI with the ability to reason as we do.

and a list of both destructive and creative possibilities that you may not want to ponder.

ethics, humanity and a plus value on life is what I desire to do with this knowledge but not all scientist are Rad, some are truly Mad. 

2 hours ago, Einy and The Greeks said:

construct a map of the universe (take a while)

create AI with the ability to reason as we do.

and a list of both destructive and creative possibilities that you may not want to ponder.

This all sounds extremely implausible. You need to provide details of what this graph is and how it can predict stock market changes (which are effectively random numbers) for example.

If you are not going to do this because you believe it is somehow "dangerous" then this thread might as well be closed.

From a status message:

Can't post anymore or I would have replied on the thread.  Yes sounds extremely implausible to predict stocks, but based in the context of trading on technicals (quantitive analysis) it does work better than any other chart out there. I have already proven it over and over and over again. If you saw the thing it would absolutely make sense. Advanced card counting is all it is.

Plausibility and danger are non relevant to the questions I asked, which was the reason for the thread.  I am reaching out for collaboration and a method to begin sharing and testing the physics aspect of why the graph works.

I would love to share this with anyone I could trust and respect basically that's why I posted. I am looking for help on a professional level but don't know where or with whom to begin.

Not sure why you can't post. There is a 5 post limit for new members on the first day (anti-spam) but you haven't reached that yet.

If you are not willing to discuss your graph, then there is no point keeping this thread open. Anyone gullible enough to believe this nonsense can contact you by PM.

As the claims you are making are basically impossible, it is likely that your "proofs" are the result of selective data and confirmation bias. 

8 hours ago, Einy and The Greeks said:

One would have thought that even starting with £1 you could very quickly make a few million and run your own publishing company to control any publication of your idea.

Edited by studiot

8 hours ago, Einy and The Greeks said:

This generation is full of self hate, sarcasm is a very devaluing internal behavior that causes decay in your life and relationships. 

It is said that " many a true word is spoken in jest".

Was my comment not actually very good advice as a sound plan for a way forward?

9 hours ago, Einy and The Greeks said:

This generation is full of self hate, sarcasm is a very devaluing internal behavior that causes decay in your life and relationships. 

The people here are sticklers for accuracy. It is a definite mistake to say "predict markets accurately". "Possibly generate market predictions sufficiently accurate to secure a long term profitability" is more like what they want to hear. 

Just now, taeto said:

The people here are sticklers for accuracy. It is a definite mistake to say "predict markets accurately". "Possibly generate market predictions sufficiently accurate to secure a long term profitability" is more like what they want to hear. 

Even then I would be extremely sceptical...

8 minutes ago, taeto said:

Sure. But this on its own merit is not an exceptional claim.

It is not an exceptional claim (people earn millions based on this claim). The truth value of the claim is something else!

1 hour ago, taeto said:

Sure. But this on its own merit is not an exceptional claim. In conjunction with the others, however...

Not exceptional in its lack of uniqueness. But exceptional in the expectation that it be taken seriously. Much like perpetual motion/over-unity machines. Why would you be selling the idea when you can make a fortune with it as a secret? And why are you hooked up to the public grid?

I think that if I said something like, I have a novel approach to gain a marginal advantage on the stock market, but I do not myself have the expertise to compose the software packages and purchase the hardware that will be needed, nor can I raise on my own enough funds to invest that are necessary to reduce the relatively large risk levels and make it practical. Then maybe your immediate reaction might not be to compare the project to the creation of a perpetual motion machine? 

I am actually just trying to get the OP to phrase his expectations in more modest sounding terms. To go out public and make yourself sound crazy is actually pretty popular on the internet, in case you had not noticed. Maybe the OP does it out of habit with no actual intention.

13 hours ago, Einy and The Greeks said:

Part of this is a general unwillingness to differentiate between an idea and the person who had it. Great ideas and bad ideas don't make people great or bad. They're just ideas. 

Here, at least, we try to only attack ideas. And we do that mercilessly, because we care.:cool:

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Hopefully, we care about both the quality of ideas, and the feelings of the person!

I think I was trying to say, if nobody takes criticism of an idea personally, feelings don't have to enter into a discussion of the idea. In fact, emotions can cloud our reasoning, so removing them as much as possible is good methodology.

I'm also over-sensitive about ideas that people claim to have spent years developing that are full of mistakes in the science. If someone had been mercilessly critical years ago, think what the person with the idea could have been working on. 

2 hours ago, Einy and The Greeks said:

I’ll be busy originating and creating.

Certainly busier than you need to be, since you're eschewing orthodoxy and accumulated mainstream knowledge. You'll have to start from the ground up while the rest of us stand on the shoulders of the giants who came before us.