At what age did you move out of your mother's house?

Vexen

The answer to the question will vary greatly based on geographic location, culture, and age. I moved out at 18yrs of age. However that was the late 90's and it was common in my community for kids to move out soon as High School ended. Had I attempted to stay I would have been forced out within month anyways. Culturally at the time 18yrs of age was viewed as adulthood and one was expected to have a job and pay their own way. Times have changed though.  I have nephews in their early 20's who were raise in basically the same community who still live at home. Today the expectation is that they remain at home until they finish college and get a professional career. 

2 hours ago, Vexen said:

I'm 25 and still living at home.

That's okay man. Culture says one thing but you are free to ignore it. Culture changes.

May want to see what work you might do to help out. There's are things like survey work online or craigslist job boards.

Edited by Endy0816

1 hour ago, Endy0816 said:

That's okay man. Culture says one thing but you are free to ignore it. Culture changes.

May want to see what work you might do to help out. There's are things like survey work online or craigslist job boards.

What does culture currently say where Vexen lives? 

11 minutes ago, Itoero said:

Age is not necessary related to life experience.

It depends what you consider to be life experience.

But have a look on google...

you can't find that on Google...

Edited by dimreepr

20 minutes ago, Itoero said:

Living more independent, getting a job and doing another activity will increase your social circle, it can deliver some friends to spend holidays with or you might even find a girlfriend.

This is an article concerning the effects of unemployment .https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1646287/pdf/amjph00281-0056.pdf

most people don't choose unemployment

Edited by dimreepr

Since I hit puberty, I had only one goal. Get the hell away from those fucked up adults.
Went to boarding school when I was 14. After that I bounced around living several places until I got my own room in a basement at 17.
Got my first real apartment the year after, which was 1992.

Edited by QuantumT

It depends on how many siblings you have.  My eldest brother moved away to live on college campus.  My second eldest brother joined the Navy.  There was space for me in the basement until age 27, when I found a job with 1.5 hours commute by bus each way.  I moved because I found a room closer to my job.  It was in a big house with members of a Hindu cult called Ananda Marga, which was an adventure.  There was a resident yogi.  After a few months I married one of the cult members so she could get a green card, and we are still together 37 years later.

Edited by Airbrush

It also depends on the circumstances.  At 19, I had a job that would have allowed me to move out on my own.  However, my dad was having health problems and was in and out of the VA hospital. We had a small farm, and with dad being away so much, I hung around to pick up the slack. (Even with my helping out, since I was pulling in money from a job, I paid my parents a small amount for room and board.)  After dad passed, mom put the place up for sale and moved into an apartment in town. The place still needed to be looked after, so I stayed to care take it until it sold.  I was about 23 by the time I moved out into my own apartment.