Is gaming and watching tv all day a good life?

Vexen

Obviously not, if you're questioning it. 

If you've made your fortune, and do these things as entertainment and relaxation, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you're unemployed and should be working, then these activities aren't going to be fully enjoyable, guiltily knowing you need to be earning your way in the world. If you have a cocktail after a day's work, you're relaxing, but if you're unemployed you're just drinking. 

9 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Obviously not, if you're questioning it. 

If you've made your fortune, and do these things as entertainment and relaxation, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you're unemployed and should be working, then these activities aren't going to be fully enjoyable, guiltily knowing you need to be earning your way in the world. If you have a cocktail after a day's work, you're relaxing, but if you're unemployed you're just drinking. 

I'm unemployed and living off my mother. Is that bad at the age of 25?

Edited by Vexen

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

Yes, if you enjoy it!
It might cost you 20 years in the end, but that beats a long, frustrating, uphill life trying - and failing - to please your peers.

Edited by QuantumT

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

Not really no. Doing excercise/sport or having an active life is (for most people) beneficial for several reasons. Your body ages  less fast by doing excercise/sport or having active lifestyle...and you are less prone to form mental health issues.

Edited by Itoero

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

45 minutes ago, Vexen said:

I'm unemployed and living off my mother. Is that bad at the age of 25?

Getting down to the nitty gritty, it is painfully obvious, you are lonely. That is also evident by other threads you have created. I find it rather hard to give any advice, as I have in general always had a full and interesting life. And let me say, I did not leave home until I met my Mrs at the age of 31 years. In essence you are the only one capable of getting out of the hole you seem to have put yourself in. My suggestions would be, think back over your life to a time when you were happy and content...why were you happy and content? Who were your friends then? What were you doing? What were your interests? 

Other advice I would give would be go out and do a course or study some aspect that may alleviate your self induced dull life....take an interest in people...ask them questions...answer there queries...Get yourself a dog...go to a training school....again meet more people who also have dogs.

Best of luck!!

32 minutes ago, beecee said:

In essence you are the only one capable of getting out of the hole you seem to have put yourself in.

A bit harsh, considering he says he has schizophrenia. Being lifelong deaf has been a challenge but having unseen others ranting at you, telling you you are a no-good little shit - for example as in audio hallucinations - must be unbearable times. We have no idea what his obstacles are, but whatever form it manifests to him,  it must make his life trying. 

9 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

A bit harsh, considering he says he has schizophrenia. Being lifelong deaf has been a challenge but having unseen others ranting at you, telling you you are a no-good little shit - for example as in audio hallucinations - must be unbearable times. We have no idea what his obstacles are, but whatever form it manifests to him,  it must make his life trying. 

I certainly did not mean to be harsh, and I certainly did not see any schizophrenia claim. I was trying to express sympathy for his "problems" and offer some suggestions in turning it around. Obviously proper professional help would also be advisable in that case.

4 minutes ago, beecee said:

I certainly did not mean to be harsh, and I certainly did not see any schizophrenia claim. I was trying to express sympathy for his "problems" and offer some suggestions in turning it around. Obviously proper professional help would also be advisable in that case.

He hasn't said in this thread but one of his others he's got going atm. Could be my fault for looking at his threads as one.  :)

Edited by StringJunky

11 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

He hasn't said in this thread but one of his others he's got going atm. Could be my fault for looking at his threads as one.  :)

No probs...We seem to be on the same page anyway, offering encouragement. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:59 AM, Vexen said:

Not if its your only life. Everyone is afraid of the world around them. But you have to grow as a person and the only way to do that is go out into the world. 

I've spent a lot of time playing video games and there is nothing wrong with it. But I also got a job working at night and went to school. 

Fear and procrastination are something we all fight. Some days you lose some you win but you have to keep fighting. 

Set a goal, make it simple.  Even if its only to go for a 10min. walk everyday. Write it down, put it on your wall in your room. Then work to achieve it. Some days you will some you won't. Just keep trying.

Fake it tell you make it.