How do you feel about being dead forever?

Vexen

11 hours ago, Mans said:

I came to this forum supposing it discusses about philosophies and science

No you didn't. You came to express your religious beliefs. I don't actually care what you or any else believes. But if you tell me what you believe, I will tell you how stupid it sounds to a rational human being.

11 hours ago, Mans said:

and now I see here philosophers! use offensive words like ignorant, ridiculous, stupid saying and so on.

Note that "ignorant" is not an insult or offensive. It is a statement of fact. You have clearly demonstrated that you are totally ignorant about evolution. You could fix that by learning, if you wanted to. But I assume your closed-minded beliefs will prevent you doing that.

Also, I have been very careful to say that the religious ideas you have expressed are "ridiculous"or "stupid" (because, objectively, they are). I have not called you ridiculous or stupid. I think it is sad that you are not willing to learn about science. And odd that you come to a science forum to demonstrate your ignorance. You could use this as a resource to learn. 

6 hours ago, Mans said:

First of all, the subject of death is not apart from religion and it can not be discussed without this background (from viewpoint of theists).

!

Moderator Note

I did not say that religion couldn’t be mentioned. I asked that it not be debated. 

6 hours ago, Mans said:

Second, I just expressed my feeling based on my belief and did say, I'm worried about after death; but some of the users took it to a religious discussion and tried to impose their materialism opinions on my concept.

Thirdly, if I even sent my post mistakenly, they should not used humiliating words. Not only such the behaviors is not worthy in a cultural and scientific place, but also is disguising in other communities. 

!

Moderator Note

There is a reason I did not quote you in my post. It was not directed exclusively at you. There are a number of off-topic posts, by multiple people.

If you think that rules have been violated, you should report the post. However, disagreement, and vocabulary related to it, does not violate our rules on civilty.

Moderator notes are generally not an invitation to an off-topic discussion of the notes.

Strange

I don't reflect your words to you today because I always avoid arguing with such the persons, but tomorrow, the reality will judge between us and will taught you, who thinks and behaves out of logic.

Or maybe you plan is that to drive out persons with different believes from the topics by fanatical behaviors; I say to you, such the manner is not good at all.

You don't know me and my knowledge and just think about yourself, you are a worthy person in philosophy, but I ensure you today, you are in a great mistake. You will lose yourself in the future, because it is a certain and unchangeable law of the system of the universe that wrong people never remain in the logical field, and  fanatical believes will be eliminated. 

Before you, there were many similar persons with the similar opinion and behaviors that were faded in the history and forgotten. They were very higher than you and had a higher rank in the wrong philosophies.

Marx and Lenin are two samples in the history that took many people to the misery and unluckiness for decades and eventually their wrong doctrine was demolished in the eyes of the world people with humiliation. You are not comparable with those high philosophers that went wrong and finally were forgotten in the history and now their incorrect believes is found just in the museums! 

You are lower than those famous philosophers that originated a wrong Ism in the world but afterwards it was revealed they were in a wrong way.

I don't enlighten you anymore because I know it is like planting seed on the rock, but I just recommend you to respect people and behave politely to them because if you discuss in a bad manner it will go back to your character.   

************************************

1 hour ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

I did not say that religion couldn’t be mentioned. I asked that it not be debated.

!

Moderator Note

There is a reason I did not quote you in my post. It was not directed exclusively at you. There are a number of off-topic posts, by multiple people.

If you think that rules have been violated, you should report the post. However, disagreement, and vocabulary related to it, does not violate our rules on civilty.

Moderator notes are generally not an invitation to an off-topic discussion of the notes.

I didn't want to start a religious debate here. When somebody asks, what your feeling about death is, what I have to express? I must express my feeling based on my belief or something else? I only expressed my feeling without purposing establish a religious debate but Strange started an opposite ideology argue. 

Edited by Mans

22 minutes ago, Strange said:

Indeed. I can only comment on what you wrote here. And that is all I will do.

‍comment or offense?

You compelled me to admire myself and speak about my specialty in philosophy. 

1 hour ago, Mans said:

I don't reflect your words to you today because I always avoid arguing with such the persons, but tomorrow, the reality will judge between us and will taught you, who thinks and behaves out of logic.

that's why you get it wrong, heaven is now not tomorrow. If you're good. ;)

11 minutes ago, Mans said:

You compelled me to admire myself and speak about my specialty in philosophy. 

:unsure:

back to the topic  :-)

Life is exausting, I am alive for 64 plus years add that to the amount of time that I will be dead and it will not total (dead forever). For those who have experienced life... eternal death is no longer within reach.

Is religion a way of life or is it a philosophy? 

My opinion--- You don't have to answer. I know that attempting to do so would unveil all pretense of philosophy.

The OP should request upon reflection that this thread be moved to the proper section of the forum. Unless of course religion is simply a philosophy, which I am willing to accept.

Edited by jajrussel