When did God put the soul in humans during evolution?

Vexen

So looking at the image below, it appears that Galagidae have recognizable soles, but Cynocephalidae do not : 

tumblr_mf02qidate1raugy8o1_500.jpg

and when we look at a primate phylogeny, we see the split between these two groups is around 65 million years ago: 

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is pone.0049521.g001.jpg

So soles originated about 65 million years ago, give or take.

You meant soles as in soles of the feet, right? 

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

I was wondering when was the soul imparted into humans during the course of evolution?

I'd say early to mid-twentieth century. But it wasn't God, at least not directly.

It was Ray Charles.

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

I was wondering when was the soul imparted into humans during the course of evolution?

I guess officially it was 1966.

In 1966, the town of Salley, South Carolina, inaugurated the annual Chitlin’ Strut.  The first festival attracted about a hundred people.  Today the festival draws about 70,000 people.  It is estimated that more than 128,000 pounds of chitlins have been eaten during the festival’s history.

https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/ChitlinsHistory.htm

2 hours ago, Vexen said:

You must mean, when did the programmer upgrade our brains to create civilisation?
Around 10,000 BC, roughly estimated. Based on archaeological findings.

3 hours ago, Vexen said:

First you would have to establish that there is such a thing as a "soul".

Then find evidence that it was imparted by a god.

After that, you could go on to asking when that happened. (In other words, you don't need to worry about that question.)

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Adapting to crave salted fatback and jazzy gospel was an evolutionary leap in terms of how intelligent and cool we are. 

Through the wonders of technology, we even know WHO the first people were to get a soul. They were a couple of gentlemen named Sam and Dave, and their story ties directly back to the bible.

Co-author Isaac Hayes found the inspiration for "Soul Man" in the turmoil of the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. In July 1967, watching a television newscast of the aftermath of the 12th Street riot in Detroit, Michigan, Hayes noted that black residents had marked buildings that had not been destroyed during the riots – mostly African-American owned and operated institutions – with the word "soul".[2] Relating this occurrence to the biblical story of the Passover,[3] Hayes and songwriting partner David Porter came up with the idea, in Hayes's words, of "a story about one's struggle to rise above his present conditions. It's almost a tune kind of like boasting, 'I'm a soul man.' It's a pride thing."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Man_(song)

I would take a different approach: as this is in religion, you should be using religious texts to support any claim. The problem is, AFAIK, religious texts do not discuss evolution. You're kind of stuck trying to mesh two concepts together which do not overlap.

Proto ideas about what we would recognise now as evolution have existed at least as long as the ancient Greeks. According to the wiki page on it, Taoist thought also denied eternal or fixed species, which is consistent with its general philosophy.  None of this is on an empirical basis though.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:41 PM, zapatos said:

I guess officially it was 1966

.In 1966, the town of Salley, South Carolina, inaugurated the annual Chitlin’ Strut.  The first festival attracted about a hundred people.  Today the festival draws about 70,000 people.  It is estimated that more than 128,000 pounds of chitlins have been eaten during the festival’s history.

https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/ChitlinsHistory.htm

oh good I guess I got one :-)

3 minutes ago, zapatos said:

You do know you are on a science forum, right?

Science and religion can coexist peacefully.

3 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

Not all religions have a concept of soul, and those that do can have drastically different ideas about what it is. 

Those religions are in the minority. The majority of religious people believe in a soul.

10 minutes ago, Vexen said:

Is there no religious people willing to defend the concept of the soul?

That's not the way you phrased the original inquiry, which was a much more restrictive formulation.

5 minutes ago, Vexen said:

Science and religion can coexist peacefully.

Especially when they don't overlap, as with the soul, and evolution.

6 minutes ago, Vexen said:

Those religions are in the minority. The majority of religious people believe in a soul.

About 60% of all people identify to one of the Abrahamic faiths. That leaves a significant minority. But whichever you want to talk about. 

2 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

About 60% of all people identify to one of the Abrahamic faiths. That leaves a significant minority. But whichever you want to talk about. 

Thanks for the answer.