How do I improve my reputation?

Vexen

21 minutes ago, Vexen said:

How do I research black holes without having to get a post graduate degree in cosmology or having to research tons of literature when I can ask experts here. That's what the forum is about - asking when you don't know.

This is a science forum primarily for discussions regarding science and other topics of interest. You are treating this place like a chatroom for adolescent boys. You have been given a lot of leeway as you are new here, but I'm afraid if you don't get in the swing of things, you won't be long for this site.

32 minutes ago, zapatos said:

This is a science forum primarily for discussions regarding science and other topics of interest. You are treating this place like a chatroom for adolescent boys. You have been given a lot of leeway as you are new here, but I'm afraid if you don't get in the swing of things, you won't be long for this site.

I'm not new here. I've been here since 2014. Are you going to ban me for asking too many and treating this forum like a chatroom? I don't think I'm that bad.

1 hour ago, Arete said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=black+holes

You asked for advice to improve your somewhat meaningless internet reputation score and now you're arguing with that advice... that's probably not going to help. 

My questions aren't that easy to answer.

1 minute ago, Vexen said:

Are you going to ban me for asking too many and treating this forum like a chatroom? I don't think I'm that bad.

We would first suspend you. If you didn't get the message and continued in this vein, we'd suspend you for a longer period. If that didn't work but you weren't breaking any other rules, we'd probably put you in the moderation queue, where a staff member has to approve your posts before they show up for everyone. 

We'd rather you stop making this all about you, and just join some science discussions. Talk with people about the science, and stop trying to yank us all over onto your tracks. If you're serious about improving your life by improving your knowledge, it's not going to happen if you keep making your time here about everything else.

6 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

We would first suspend you. If you didn't get the message and continued in this vein, we'd suspend you for a longer period. If that didn't work but you weren't breaking any other rules, we'd probably put you in the moderation queue, where a staff member has to approve your posts before they show up for everyone. 

We'd rather you stop making this all about you, and just join some science discussions. Talk with people about the science, and stop trying to yank us all over onto your tracks. If you're serious about improving your life by improving your knowledge, it's not going to happen if you keep making your time here about everything else.

So, I shouldn't ask too many questions and only ask science and philosophy related questions in small portions and add substance to the questions?

16 minutes ago, Vexen said:

I'm not new here. I've been here since 2014. Are you going to ban me for asking too many and treating this forum like a chatroom? I don't think I'm that bad.

My questions aren't that easy to answer.

From where I'm sitting, you are coming across as being very much in narcissist-mode. We all have ''stuff" to deal with as well, you know. Just go with the flow here and stop trying to swim against the tide all the time... no good will come of it.

25 minutes ago, Vexen said:

So, I shouldn't ask too many questions and only ask science and philosophy related questions in small portions and add substance to the questions?

I don't really have a recipe for you. It would be optimum if you could find the amazement, the sheer awe and wonder the rest of us do for science topics, and join in the conversations about those topics, and leave the more common social chatter for Facebook or Twitter. We tend to talk about religion from a reasoned perspective as well, so if you're a person of faith, I'd recommend anywhere else to discuss your god(s). We have no interest in being a one-stop shop for everyone's social media yearnings. We're a science discussion forum with a focus on mainstream science. 

3 hours ago, Vexen said:

It's the opposite actually. People crave the need to answer questions. And I got many questions.

Yes but you asked how to get positive reputation....you increased negative reputation with all your threads.