How do I improve my reputation?

Vexen

I find a lot of people here tend to be older so see simple questions as trolling, before asking a question see if you can google it first. Also try not having a strong opinion on things and keep your answers relevant to the topic question and not just reply to somebody else's comment. 

I think you should temper what you say (not everything) and you should realize  things which sound 'logic' to you are not necessary logic for other people. So unless you have valid reference to back up your opinions, it's sometimes better not to join the 'thread'. My reputation is positive but my reputation on this forum is messed up.

1 hour ago, Vexen said:

How do I go from a negative reputation to a positive reputation?

Accepting that this is first and foremost a science forum, and that questions/claims/answers should be governed by the scientific method. [1] Separate scientific theory from speculation. [2] Accept that beliefs without evidence, are just that, beliefs. [3] Support your answers with reputable links. 

2 hours ago, studiot said:

I was going to give you a +1 for the last post, you definitely deserve one now.

Is it summer with you now, in your new T shirt?

Seriously?

“People here are old” and “don’t ask questions” (on a site whose purpose is to ask questions) rates an upvote?

7 hours ago, Vexen said:

Maybe you've already turned a corner. You aren't telling people anymore that you aren't willing to consider their thoughts unless they're an expert, so that's something. Stick with that and see where it takes you.

9 hours ago, Vexen said:

Well, if we’re being pedantic, YOU don’t. Instead, others responding to your contributions are responsible for doing that. 

A few tips to help: Be helpful; Be kind; Be funny; Be informative; Be clear and coherent; Show integrity and stand up for shared principles; Show respect and humility; Be self-aware and always willing to be better than you were yesterday. 

Also, what zapatos said. 

Edited by iNow

How do I improve my reputation?

I don't know anything about you, but you are obviously bubbling over (not a criticism) with questions about personal faith and beliefs in general and christian opes in particular.

Do you ever stop to consider the answers folks give you?

Do you think this is the right place for all the questions?

As BeeCee said

14 hours ago, beecee said:

Accepting that this is first and foremost a science forum, and that questions/claims/answers should be governed by the scientific method. [1] Separate scientific theory from speculation. [2] Accept that beliefs without evidence, are just that, beliefs. [3] Support your answers with reputable links. 

So where is the Science in all this ?

This is why some of us are querying the quantity.

vexen1.jpg.c7a0afd9c724d7d786a194940d65a22e.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vexen said:

I just got another down vote for saying,"god works in mysterious ways". Isn't that a common saying among Christians? I tried making a joke like some people on the forum do.

I thought it was quite an amusing comment so I have given an up vote to cancel the down vote.

I assume whoever downvoted to thought you were being serious and "making excuses" for god behaving that way.

51 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Sarcasm is tricky in print. I thought you were seriously using the most sickening of the apologist phrases. 

And looking at Vexen's previous posts might not have helped decide. It took me a while to realise that he/she is not promoting a religious viewpoint but is either questioning it or, maybe, attacking it. (I'm still not quite sure...)

20 hours ago, Itoero said:

Maybe if you stop with opening all those threads….

It's the opposite actually. People crave the need to answer questions. And I got many questions.

Just now, Vexen said:

It's the opposite actually. People crave the need to answer questions. And I got many questions.

Posting single line question after question on the forum is spammy, low effort and annoying. Try researching a topic yourself and offering some discussion instead of expecting others to do all the work for you. 

3 minutes ago, Arete said:

Posting single line question after question on the forum is spammy, low effort and annoying. Try researching a topic yourself and offering some discussion instead of expecting others to do all the work for you. 

How do I research black holes without having to get a post graduate degree in cosmology or having to research tons of literature when I can ask experts here. That's what the forum is about - asking when you don't know.

22 minutes ago, Vexen said:

How do I research black holes without having to get a post graduate degree in cosmology or having to research tons of literature when I can ask experts here. That's what the forum is about - asking when you don't know.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=black+holes

You asked for advice to improve your somewhat meaningless internet reputation score and now you're arguing with that advice... that's probably not going to help. 

Edited by Arete