Time Travel

Einstein2

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My research has determined that space and time are unified. I believe that exceeding the speed of light will indeed reverse the flow of time.
what research? could you post it?

You are correct. A new type of technology is required to accomplish this.

new laws of physics are required to accomplish ftl
Tbh i dont think time travel in any direction will ever be achieved. There are way too many paradoxes involved and it would take so much energy to get upto speed that we simply could not do it in real life. I dont think we can say time-travel will take place until we learn more about the nature of time and the universe.

just so you know, the grandfather paradox is not a paradox

what research? could you post it?

I have pages and pages of mathematical equations, diagrams, and other research that has accumulated in my 50 years of time research. This does not include all of my research before I became interested in the specific category of time.

Unfortunately, all of my research is hand-written on paper. I have not spent very much of my time on the computer, although I realize it might be the best way to share my ideas. I am 78 years old, and my days working in scientific research centers are long over. I need to find some other way to share my ideas with fellow scientists before it is too late.

This idea is the one that I have spent the most time thinking about. I believe that I have performed all of the research that I can. I summarized my idea, and posted it on these Science Forums. I hope that you all can continue my research, and make my dream of time travel come true someday.

Unfortunately, all of my research is hand-written on paper. I have not spent very much of my time on the computer, although I realize it might be the best way to share my ideas. I am 78 years old, and my days working in scientific research centers are long over. I need to find some other way to share my ideas with fellow scientists before it is too late.

good sir. (Einstein2)

You could.....

Take all that hand written work, go down to your local university, ask to see a physics professor, and share with him/her your research history, then you and the young professor can publish your work as Einstein2 et al....right?

best,

Eon.

Michio Kaku says that one way to prevent any paradoxes is that perhaps you don't alter your own past, but that of another version of yourself. so you wouldn't kill your grandfather but another version of your grandfather. Or he says that something could stop you from doing it. Either way i think that we will eventually accomplish time travel eventually.

you do know that the grandfather paradox is just from looking at the problem wrong right? you are looking at the events from the perspective of the timetraveler instead of the order in which the events happened. you are alive, therefore you didn't kill your grandfather if you ever decide to go back in time.

anyway, i have yet to see a time machine that could take you back further than the time it was built.

Take all that hand written work, go down to your local university, ask to see a physics professor, and share with him/her your research history, then you and the young professor can publish your work as Einstein2 et al....right?

Why yes, that does sound like a reasonable idea. Although I must admit that my research isn't what you might expect from a scientist. You see, most of my research was for my own notes. I use it to help me develop my ideas. If I did publish my work, most people probably wouldn't understand what I am talking about. Many people would probably think it is quite sloppy.

I feel that I should write my main ideas on these forums. The ideas that I have collected as a result from my research. These ideas are what I want people to know about.

Mr. Einstein2,

I came up with a theory that is similar to yours. I'm not very good at math, but I think my theory make sense. It is at:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7733

However, many people in these forums is calling it, "rubbish". Since you are a scientist, can you please tell me what is wrong with my theory? How is my theory different from yours?

Mr. Einstein2' date='

I came up with a theory that is similar to yours. I'm not very good at math, but I think my theory make sense. It is at:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7733

However, many people in these forums is calling it, "rubbish". Since you are a scientist, can you please tell me what is wrong with my theory? How is my theory different from yours?[/quote']

Dear Herme3,

I have read your idea. I would like to begin by pointing out that it isn't a theory. It is an idea. A lot of scientists need to agree with an idea before it can become a theory. Even after many years of research, my ideas are not theories.

Your idea is quite interesting. However, the speed of light is constant. It is exactly 299,792,458 meters per second. That is why I am sorry to inform you that your theory is not scientifically correct.

However, do not be discouraged by this. You wouldn't believe how many people have called some of my ideas rubbish because I had made a mistake. All scientists come up with ideas that aren't scientifically correct. You just need to keep thinking and researching.

The fact that you came up with an idea like that shows that you have a scientific mind. Do not become discouraged because you created an incorrect idea. You should keep researching your ideas, and improve on them. Someday, you might become a great scientist.

I have read your idea. I would like to begin by pointing out that it isn't a theory. It is an idea. A lot of scientists need to agree with an idea before it can become a theory. Even after many years of research' date=' my ideas are not theories.[/quote']that is not what determines whether or not something is a theory

The fact that you came up with an idea like that shows that you have a scientific mind. Do not become discouraged because you created an incorrect idea. You should keep researching your ideas, and improve on them. Someday, you might become a great scientist.

i guess you haven't been areound herme3 much

Ok another paradox other than the grandfather one:

I build a timemachine and one day i find a painting in there that was painted by a future me. I decide to hang the painting on my wall and leave it there. Where did the painting come from if i dont send it back to myself again? How a painting ive never painted suddenly appear from nowhere?

Maybe the infinite universe idea could clear this up, but then how would we ever determine which past universe we'd end up in?

that is not what determines whether or not something is a theory

I apologize if I wasn't clear on my definition. You see, a theory is indeed an idea that is widely accepted by scientists. It also requires experiments and further testing. Perhaps we have learned the definitions to scientific terms from different sources. If you believe that I have made an error, please state your definition.

i guess you haven't been areound herme3 much

I have only been a user of this forum for a few days. I have not yet had the chance to learn the characteristics of other users. However, I hope your judgment is not because of the scientific error in his idea about light and black holes. You see, every great scientist in the world has made mistakes in their lives.

I build a timemachine and one day i find a painting in there that was painted by a future me. I decide to hang the painting on my wall and leave it there. Where did the painting come from if i dont send it back to myself again? How a painting ive never painted suddenly appear from nowhere?

From all of my research, I have not been able to find a way that could permit time travel to the future. Time seems to be always moving forward, but the past can be remembered. However, there does not appear to be a way to move into the future using less time. That does not mean it is impossible. Perhaps another scientists can come up with an idea that I have not.

I apologize if I wasn't clear on my definition. You see' date=' a theory is indeed an idea that is widely accepted by scientists. It also requires experiments and further testing. Perhaps we have learned the definitions to scientific terms from different sources. If you believe that I have made an error, please state your definition.

[/quote'] go to the home page and read the link under important posts

I have only been a user of this forum for a few days. I have not yet had the chance to learn the characteristics of other users. However, I hope your judgment is not because of the scientific error in his idea about light and black holes. You see, every great scientist in the world has made mistakes in their lives.

no, it is his constant use of blatant lies and logical fallacys

From all of my research, I have not been able to find a way that could permit time travel to the future. Time seems to be always moving forward, but the past can be remembered. However, there does not appear to be a way to move into the future using less time. That does not mean it is impossible. Perhaps another scientists can come up with an idea that I have not.

you are travelling into the future as we sit.

Ok in the order of which they happen accroding to the thermodynamic arrow of time:

I find painting in time machine that i painted in the future and sent back to myself.

I hang painting on the wall and leave it there, not sending it back to myself as i apparently must have in a different future.

So how do i still have the painting when i didnt send it back in order for me to find it in the time machine? In other words a painting that ive never painted has appeared from nowhere.

If you can explain how my order is wrong and how im thinking about this the wrong way then please do so.

But the painting is on my wall and i havent let anyone touch it.

Is this similar to the no choice solution to the grandfather paradox? If so wouldnt the painting end up in a time loop?

And when i come to paint the painting, wouldnt i already have a copy of the painting? In other words id be painting the painting that would already be sitting next to me completed. If not, where does the other painting go?