International Journal of Physics Research and Applications (JPRA)

studiot

Lots of scam journals around like this. Usually promising, and delivering, quick "publication", though at a hefty publication fee. A good deal for crackpots who have no other way to get their crap published. But a pretty tough deal for beginning researchers should they fall into the trap.

Since my fringe field happens to be mathematics, I can add that the ICM conferences, where the Fields medals are presented, are not a hair better. They do review the submissions that go into the top sections. But you can submit any old gibberish into the main sections and get approval from the "reviewers".  It is the same principle.They scrape a lot of money in from conference fees, and no way they will reject even the worst crackpottery.

Thank you evrybody for your thoughts.

I didn't realise there were so many money making scams masquerading under the banner of Science.

It saddens me that there is one more thing to beware of.

In the days when I wrote papers, I trusted the hosting organisations not to do this.

• 2 months later...

This ‘journal’ is published by Heighten Science Publications Corporation (HSPC) which is according to Jeffrey Beall’s list a predatory publisher.

In other words indeed a journal to avoid. Questions can be asked about the ethics and quality (checks) of this publisher and one might wonder who want to get linked to such a journal as an author.

See:

https://beallslist.weebly.com/

For those who want to know more about predatory journals and publishers. Have a look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predatory_publishing