What do you think about flatearthers?

Artur

5 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

I had a teacher who claimed he was a member of the flat earth society back in the seventies. He was our history prof in grade eight so it was fair game for him. You could tell didn't believe it, but he would not admit it. He would admit you had a good argument based on what you had been taught, and deflect to another angle. My understanding at that time was it was a game, and good to argue either side, which of course we started to do. The game in part became how long you could maintain you were serious.

My impression is that for most people in the original flat earth society, it was a bit of club of like-minded argumentative people. No doubt a few of them really believed the Earth was flat, but they were probably considered nutty by most members. Now it seems that the people in the various social media groups devoted to this, really do believe (with possibly a minority thinking it is a joke and egging them on).

21 hours ago, Artur said:

I am giving away my book about 23 proofs of a flat earth.

You can read it here on kindle SPAM LINK REMOVED

I want to start a discussion on why you think the earth is round?

I am 100% sure that the earth is flat and I have written my thoughts in this book.

!

Moderator Note

If you want to discuss this, without spamming your book, do so. Until then this thread is closed as there is nothing to discuss.