anti-Semitic remark by Congresswoman

Ten oz

3 hours ago, iNow said:

She used Twitter when this storm began, one tweet being a single word, the other about five. While she’s also spoken verbally with higher word count, I’d argue she needs instead to be more erudite than forthrite with thoughts unripe. 

Said another way, I wish she’d be more PREcise than CONcise.

Yeah, that is more accurate.

3 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

What exactly is approval in this context?

It’s off-topic, so I’ll address this amd move on. It’s the answer provided by respondents when asked:

‘Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as President?’

The answer choices are: Strongly Approve; Somewhat Approve; Somewhat Disapprove; Strongly Disapprove, Not Sure.

88% of republicans surveyed answered that they approve of Trump, 61% STRONGLY approve.

This trend is steady for 2+ years and consistent (if anything, only strengthening) regardless of who conducts the poll. 

Now, back to the Omar topic...

1 hour ago, iNow said:

It’s off-topic, so I’ll address this amd move on. It’s the answer provided by respondents when asked:

‘Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as President?’

The answer choices are: Strongly Approve; Somewhat Approve; Somewhat Disapprove; Strongly Disapprove, Not Sure.

88% of republicans surveyed answered that they approve of Trump, 61% STRONGLY approve.

This trend is steady for 2+ years and consistent (if anything, only strengthening) regardless of who conducts the poll. 

Now, back to the Omar topic...

Thanks Ten oz

It’s been a while since I posted here. Following the newer Democratic congresspeople, I understood Omar’s comments to be solely about those who profit from the status quo, not an anti Semitic comment. Rebuking money in politics is the litmus test for young progressives. There is a lot of money funneled to Israel, and the arms industry makes a killing off of conflict in the Middle East. Many lobbyist groups side with Israel even if they aren’t inherently Jewish. The American dominionists want Israel in the hands of Jewish people so their end times fantasies of the second coming can be realized. Those people aren’t being criticized as antiemetic. As she said, it’s about the benjamins, not supporting the plight of Jewish people. Not to mention the Jewish people aren’t the oppressed group when looking at the situation in Palestine. Do Trump or Pence actually care about Jewish people? Not a chance. 

One thing I do know is that establishment democrats are really good at losing. This confused message regarding antisenetism is much more likely Pelosi trying to avoid an honest discussion on money in politics, a topic she would lose on. 

Edited by Willie71