A weird idea to achieve relativistivic speed

Science98

I have imagined a idea to achieve the relativistic speed. If my idea does not work please don't josh with me and if it works then we will achieve it.

We know about the compton effect. It says that, the wavelength of the emitted photon is greater than the wavelength off osculating  photon. Different material have different work function. So at first, we will osculate a huge amount of photon at a required speed on a material that have a high work function. And then we will pass the emitted photons containing high wavelength  through a strong magnetic field. If there is effect of magnetic field on photons, then we will be able to reshape the huge amount of photons with the help of magnetic field. The shape will be like a suitable spaceship in order to make space travel possible. If this idea not works, there might be another idea with the LHC to achieve the relativistic speed. Let me know your opinion?

#Let_us_give_opinion_to_make_the_spacetravel_possible_with_relativistic_speed 

Oh I didn’t investigated that but my opinion is just from my imagination. If there is any effect of magnetism on photons, then this idea might be possible.

Please give your opinion on how to achieve Einstein's relativistic speed..... 

Edited by Science98

40 minutes ago, Science98 said:

The shape will be like a suitable spaceship in order to make space travel possible.

Doesn't the photons travel at speed c? You'll have a hard time boarding the spaceship unless you already have some other mechanism for achieving relativistic speeds? 

24 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

24 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Doesn't the photons travel at speed c? You'll have a hard time boarding the spaceship unless you already have some other mechanism for achieving relativistic speeds? 

Hmm but there is some idea by which we can reduce the speed of light and bring it to our convenient phase . Like 'Cherenkov's light experiment' or 'quantum entanglement'  that can might make this idea possible.

Please comment here and share your idea to achieve the relativistic speed.  

Edited by Science98

What if you built a really long pole in space, say 1,000,000 km.  Then you attached one one of the pole to a massive motor that could rotate the pole at 3 rpm.  That would result in the end of the pole moving at 314,000 km/sec, almost 5% faster then c.  From an engineering standpoint, this is hugely far fetched.  Maybe 2 poles with the motor in the center for balance.  Course you would need to attach it to the moon or something for the motor to push against.  And even a small amount of gravity would bend such a bar.  We probably need to discover adamantium or something to prevent that.  Never mind, this was a stupid idea and would never work.

8 minutes ago, Nod2003 said:

What if you built a really long pole in space, say 1,000,000 km.  Then you attached one one of the pole to a massive motor that could rotate the pole at 3 rpm.  That would result in the end of the pole moving at 314,000 km/sec, almost 5% faster then c.  From an engineering standpoint, this is hugely far fetched.  Maybe 2 poles with the motor in the center for balance.  Course you would need to attach it to the moon or something for the motor to push against.  And even a small amount of gravity would bend such a bar.  We probably need to discover adamantium or something to prevent that.  Never mind, this was a stupid idea and would never work.

The rod will bend, and then break, long before you got anywhere close to c.

One of the implications of relativity is that there is no such thing as an infinitely rigid material.

What if it was a laser instead?  Granted, keeping the beam from spreading really wide over distance would be a challenge, but you could get the spot to move along faster the light if you had a rotating laser source projecting the beam at a far enough distance.  And technically I suppose, that no individual photons are exceeding c.  Not sure if there would be a practical application though.

1 hour ago, Nod2003 said:

Firstly, building such a long pole is a quite weak idea. Even how can you guess that at the end of the pole the speed will be 1.05c?

By the Hubble Constant, For 1 Mpc distance the speed increases only 75 km/h And 1Mpc=3.26×10^6 ly. So you can guess that how long it will take to reach the speed of 5℅ more than c! Again we have to think about a scientific modification in order to build such a spaceship.

1 hour ago, Nod2003 said:

What if it was a laser instead?  Granted, keeping the beam from spreading really wide over distance would be a challenge, but you could get the spot to move along faster the light if you had a rotating laser source projecting the beam at a far enough distance.  And technically I suppose, that no individual photons are exceeding c.  Not sure if there would be a practical application though.

Your idea was about the exceeding of c. But it is not our topic. We have to make spaceship that has almost 0.8c or 0.9c speed in order to explore the deep space along with humans. 

Please give indvidual opinion in order to make this project successful! 

4 minutes ago, MigL said:

You would need a 1.21 gigawatt flux capacitor in a DeLorean, JC.
You can't be in another frame while driving your Chevy.

We are all at relativistic speeds with respect to other frames. We can never be at anything but rest in our own (current) one.

So...did I manage to "Dodge" your objection?

20 minutes ago, MigL said:

Nope.
I really wanted a DeLorean in the 80s.
Had to settle for a Pontiac Fiero.
( with a V6 mind you, not a 'girly' four cylinder )

I actually had one in the eighties!

...well...actually it was a used Chevy Vega I got for $500 in 1981...but John DeLorean did oversee the launch of that car...

5 hours ago, Nod2003 said:

The spot’s motion can exceed c. It’s not a violation of relativity.

3 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

My idea is simple. Get in your car. Shift into drive. Choose an appropriate reference frame, and Voila! Relativistic speed.

Where will you find such a reference frame that's speed nearly to c?  And if you find how will you shift there?

Edited by Science98

2 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Mentally.

mental image of being an observer near c. Suddenly yelling "Geez its bright in here, turn off the lights !  '.

Suddenly followed by mental image of a spacecraft travelling at those speeds vs oncoming space debris lol you can visualize the rest...

Edited by Mordred

12 hours ago, Science98 said:

Hmm but there is some idea by which we can reduce the speed of light and bring it to our convenient phase . Like 'Cherenkov's light experiment' or 'quantum entanglement'  that can might make this idea possible.

Can you provide some reference to such ideas? 

Less serous note:

1 hour ago, Mordred said:

metal image

Intentional spelling? :-)  
I think "metal image" a good name for the concept of a spaceship-shaped set of photons turned into something solid allowing it to be used for travel. (not likely to happen ...)

Edited by Ghideon
format

46 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

What's one of those? Or are you jesting?

It's the set of frames where the physics itself is essentially the simplest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_frame_of_reference

Basing your driving on a true inertial frame would require you to keep track of too many things with respect to both vehicle and road movement, due to the Earth's spin, revolution around the Sun which is revolving around the Galaxy etc etc.

No one would of course do that, so I am jesting in warning against it.

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

49 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

It's the set of frames where the physics itself is essentially the simplest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_frame_of_reference

Basing your driving on a true inertial frame would require you to keep track of too many things with respect to both vehicle and road movement, due to the Earth's spin, revolution around the Sun which is revolving around the Galaxy etc etc.

No one would of course do that, so I am jesting in warning against it.

Ahh, you mean considering all inertial factors.