Considered Answers Only

argo

Goodbye everyone, Science forum has closed my topic and sighted soap-boxing as the reason, honestly i never read ahead of the post I was replying to.

What I was doing was giving a full and considered answer to every question in the order they were asked and this takes time, obviously taking the time to answer properly is the problem here.

I would like to continue answering every single question that was asked but I am at a loss how this could be done with this group, I am so sorry but it is out of my hands.

If you believe time is only a construct then the moment now, that you experience, is an illusion. You can't compare things that are only measurements like length with things you actually experience in the real world

If time is not time-flow and you are not experiencing an illusion then there is only one possible thing left that time can be.

How is it possible to give a considered answer to anything here?

ARGOFY SCIENCE FORUM

40 minutes ago, argo said:

Goodbye everyone, Science forum has closed my topic and sighted soap-boxing as the reason, honestly i never read ahead of the post I was replying to.

What I was doing was giving a full and considered answer to every question in the order they were asked and this takes time, obviously taking the time to answer properly is the problem here.

All you did was kept repeating what you  claimed in the OP...that is soapboxing.

How is it possible to give a considered answer to anything here?

By approaching the forum with a different attitude...[1] Don't assume with certainty you have come up with some true/real definition, when scientists/physicists  and philosophers have been trying to define it for centuries...[2] Know the scientific aspect of time, and the general considered philosophical stance...[3]Accept when your definition is wrong, as I believe has been pointed out many times...[4] Accept that your claims are being thoroughly critiqued, as they should be, and in line with the scientific methodology...and finally [5] Try to understand that mainstream opinion is mainstream because that model/view is the one that has best aligned with observations, and current data. 

Edited by beecee

2 hours ago, argo said:

Adios amigo, Beecee covered the remainder although you must admit there was plenty of strong hints that more was required in way of replies. This site does have its rules and those are posted for everyone to read this includes those pertaining to the speculation forum. Choosing to leave on the basis that a moderator was required to enforce said posted rules is a personal choice that does not reflect upon the moderators enforcing those rules.

Edited by Mordred

I had some rare days off and got about a dozen responses done, anyone who is interested can PM me away from the thought police if they want, again i am so sorry to all who actually wanted a considered reply this is the best I can do. 

14 minutes ago, argo said:

I had some rare days off and got about a dozen responses done, anyone who is interested can PM me away from the thought police if they want, again i am so sorry to all who actually wanted a considered reply this is the best I can do. 

Not much to add except  probably two of the points that you have failed miserably on...Don't assume with certainty you have come up with some true/real definition, when scientists/physicists  and philosophers have been trying to define it for centuries...and understand that mainstream opinion is mainstream because that model/view is the one that has best aligned with observations, and current data. 

PS: Don't hold your breath for anyone to PM you. :P

I don't believe he stated time doesn't exist, it certainly does just not under how you chose to describe time in your locked thread. I have removed the negative point as it is undeserving in the last post by Beecee. ( I don't agree with it so I up voted it )

Edited by Mordred

1 hour ago, argo said:

Time exists, It is the fourth dimension along with space and its three dimensions.

You're so confused its scary. Goodbye and good luck.

Am I? And yet it is you who is basically still claiming with utmost certainty, that you know the physical and philosophical concept of time, better than the thousands of philosophers and physicists over hundreds of years. I don't accept that. But my mind is not so closed as to not be changed when you can offer sufficient evidence to support your somewhat, imo, confused definition/s.

1 hour ago, Mordred said:

I don't believe he stated time doesn't exist, it certainly does just not under how you chose to describe time in your locked thread. I have removed the negative point as it is undeserving in the last post by Beecee. ( I don't agree with it so I up voted it )

The point was given due to the attitude of his total certainty in his claim, and in light of the fact that much is still open for debate on both the physical and philosophical question of time in mainstream science. 

Edited by beecee

On 2/8/2019 at 7:14 PM, argo said:

!

Moderator Note

You were simply repeating your assertions, and that does not count as a full and considered answer. You also did not respond to requests to provide citations for your claims.

Your thread was closed. You don't get to bring the topic up again in another thread.