What does religion say about this?

anaccount123456

Majority of people think of themselves that they are special. So special that creator of the Universe should listen to their prays and fulfill their wishes. It's childish and naive. There is over 7 600 000 000 (nearly 8 billions) people thinking this way. If somebody had great day, is praising God for it. If somebody had terrible, tragic day, is crying "why God allowed this to happen to somebody so special as I am and my family"..

Also people tend to believe in destiny. That they have some mission here on the Earth to do. If that is true, then why majority of people simply waste their lives doing meaningless things all day long? Believing in special mission on the Earth by fanatics, can have dreadful consequences. If somebody is believing in one God (obviously his/her own must be the right one!), rejects other religions, rejects acceptance and tolerance for people believing in other religions, want to evangelize or exterminate them. Fanatics in their mission can even kill people believing in other religions or atheists.

5 hours ago, anaccount123456 said:

where is jesus and allah to help people that had great life and then were attacked or their life was destroyed by terrorist attacks etc. (just example). I dont feel sorry for the people. I think its wrong but I ask to understand the religion.

Not sure a science forum is the best place to ask a question like this.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, anaccount123456 said:

where is jesus and allah to help people that had great life and then were attacked or their life was destroyed by terrorist attacks etc. (just example). I dont feel sorry for the people. I think its wrong but I ask to understand the religion.

It's about having faith. Many people do believe Jesus helps them and  and wil appear in human form to beam them up to heaven.

I once got a ride of 2 Christian missionaries and I got the funny advice to restore my faith or Jesus would leave me behind. :) 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, Strange said:

Not sure a science forum is the best place to ask a question like this.

We shouldn't be too hard on the newbies. He is probably one of those people who read -- you know the type. Anaccount123456 undoubtedly read the words, Philosophy and Religion, at the top of the page and didn't have the sense to realize that they were typos.

The Pretend Philosopher

3 hours ago, Gees said:

The Pretend Philosopher

At last, you have said something I can agree with.

3 hours ago, Gees said:

Anaccount123456 undoubtedly read the words, Philosophy and Religion, at the top of the page

It doesn't say that.

The description of the Religion section of the forum is: "Forum for the discussion and examination of the rational foundations of religion." (Not that that happens very often. It is mainly used for irrational attacks on religion. And occasionally for irrational preaching.)

I just thought that a forum dedicated to theology or philosophy, or one of the specific religions referenced, might have more people interested in, and knowledgable about, the question. Most people on this forum seem to be uninterested in or strongly opposed to religion.

11 hours ago, Strange said:

It doesn't say that.

Well on my computer, the top of the page reads as follows:

Maybe your computer is different? My thought is that it is the "typo" effect. (chuckle)

I just thought that a forum dedicated to theology or philosophy, or one of the specific religions referenced, might have more people interested in, and knowledgable about, the question. Most people on this forum seem to be uninterested in or strongly opposed to religion.

Well, if you were a "pretend" philosopher like me, you would understand that most people do not actually like to think -- especially about things that are difficult to understand. I suspect it gives them a headache. Most people choose to either believe in their Religion or not, but they don't really want to understand the theology or history behind the story.  

If you really want people, who are knowledgeable, you will have to find a way to protect them from the emotional downvoting members, who are angry with Religion or angry with their parents -- as that is often the same thing (per Psychology).

The Pretend Philosopher

I want to thank whoever downvoted this post for going out of your way to prove my point. Thank you.

Edited by Gees
Thank you