Need help with science project.

NorthRokas

Hello guys,

I need idea for high school science project. The project should not require expensive equipment or rare materials. Project should solve humanity problem or be related with humanity.

I have one idea, but my idea is not complete. My idea was take bacteria’s examples from school desk, then grow bacteria’s in petri dishes and identify (Gram positive or Gram negative), but I can’t relate it with human health  or similar thing. I would be grateful if you could complete my idea.  

It would be good if you send some links.

Thanks for any help. :)

Well, since no one has made a suggestion, I'll take a stab at it.  How about studying feces?  Yeah, gross, but interesting.  Gut biome is grabbing headlines a lot recently.  Human, dog, cat, bird.  Compare young dog to old dog?  Just a suggestion.  And perhaps consult a teacher about hygiene so you don't get sick.  Good luck.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry of Yore said:

Well, since no one has made a suggestion, I'll take a stab at it.  How about studying feces?  Yeah, gross, but interesting.  Gut biome is grabbing headlines a lot recently.  Human, dog, cat, bird.  Compare young dog to old dog?  Just a suggestion.  And perhaps consult a teacher about hygiene so you don't get sick.  Good luck.

Too many risks. 

8 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Too many risks. 

Yeah, OK, I suppose you are right.  I grew up on the farm, and back then our standards were lacking compared to today.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, NorthRokas said:

I can’t relate it with human health  or similar thing

If there is a climate change tie in to your experiment, you'll probably get a good grade.  Best advice I can give is to discuss with the teacher or other faculty.

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry of Yore said:

Yeah, OK, I suppose you are right.  I grew up on the farm, and back then our standards were lacking compared to today.

I bet your immune system is tough as old boots then. It's a much  more cautious "germ-averse" world now.

Edited by StringJunky
corrected word

7 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

I bet your microbiome is tough as old boots then. It's a much  more cautious "germ-averse" world now.

I'd like to think so, but isn't some recent research suggesting a life of occasional anti-biotic use has messed with people's gut population?  In fact, a recent article talked about finding "super  poopers", people with ideal strains, species who could serve as donors for people with various health problems.  Fecal implants, right?  Maybe I need that.  lol