Jump to content
Ten oz

How does the Trump era end?

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Good article in The Atlantic by Pete Wehner about Trump's disordered personality, and how we've got to stop being shocked by the disturbing things he says and does and start working to remove this damaged soul from an office he's completely unsuited for. He's only getting worse.

 

A great article and superb assessment!  November 2020 can't come soon enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

It's a galling fact that Trump will probably never serve time in jail because his predecessor will hopefully be more concerned with healing than revenge. Ironically, it will be the same democratic conventions that Trump pisses all over that will save him. Bigger people won't call to "lock him up", and I'm sure he sees that as weakness. What a stain on the country.

I am not even certain that he will lose. Some folks really like to have a soap opera running the government, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ball is in the Republican's court.

So long as they do nothing, it's entrenched into their history for all to remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rangerx said:

The ball is in the Republican's court.

So long as they do nothing, it's entrenched into their history for all to remember.

Then we're screwed, because they want the future to be the same as today, or better still a rose tinted version of yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CharonY said:

I am not even certain that he will lose. Some folks really like to have a soap opera running the government, it seems.

It's my hope that those folks still love the country, and don't want a POTUS who burns our best spies and gives away our satellite capabilities for no gain. The base may be focused on perceived problems with domestic issues, but I don't think they're as pro-Russian as Trump seems to be. They may approve strongmen, but a traitor is a traitor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

How will the Trump era end.. probably in a mushroom cloud... 

I think we all know, he's itching to pull the trigger.

12 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

It's my hope that those folks still love the country, and don't want a POTUS who burns our best spies and gives away our satellite capabilities for no gain.

I think, at least, half the world shares that hope (but if it was a soap, we'd all want to know what happens if...).

16 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The base may be focused on perceived problems with domestic issues, but I don't think they're as pro-Russian as Trump seems to be. They may approve strongmen, but a traitor is a traitor.

Indeed but it's not always easy to perceive which is which. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

It's my hope that those folks still love the country, and don't want a POTUS who burns our best spies and gives away our satellite capabilities for no gain. The base may be focused on perceived problems with domestic issues, but I don't think they're as pro-Russian as Trump seems to be. They may approve strongmen, but a traitor is a traitor. 

They are brainwashed on daily basis by Fox and similar TV channels, so they have no idea what D.T truly does and what are effects on US economy, global economy, politics, finances.. etc. etc.

Nobody will explain them in these TV channels that e.g. they will have to spend more their money on the same item in the shop as a result of duties on Chinese products. They will be happy "waving a flag" for introduction of such duties, without truly understanding results of these actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sensei said:

They are brainwashed on daily basis by Fox and similar TV channels, so they have no idea what D.T truly does and what are effects on US economy, global economy, politics, finances.. etc. etc

Your bias is showing...

It's easy to forget we all have them when the blame is so easy apportion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

I think we all know, he's itching to pull the trigger.

I'm not convinced of this. He's too much of an insecure wuss. He can't even fire someone face to face and I don't feel he has the stomach for an actual attack like this. Our enemies seem to realize this and are getting much more brazen with our planes in the sky and navy boats in the ocean...

EDIT: Breaking news right now... He's now forced his 3rd National Security Advisory, John Bolton, to resign. This is further evidence of his dovishness since Bolton was notoriously hawkish 

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Your bias is showing...

Perhaps, but what he said is largely accurate

Edited by iNow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iNow said:

EDIT: Breaking news right now... He's now forced his 3rd National Security Advisory, John Bolton, to resign. This is further evidence of his dovishness since Bolton was notoriously hawkish 

And apparently T felt the need to lie and claim he fired him last night. The way Bolton tells it, he offered to resign last night, and T said, "Let's talk about it in the morning". He has no spine for face-to-face responsibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Your bias is showing...

It's easy to forget we all have them when the blame is so easy apportion.

Is there a distinction between these two statements?

"I think that man is a thief because he is black" 

and

"I think that man is a thief because I saw him stealing".

I think there is; I think the first is bias and  the second is observation.

 

This

5 hours ago, Sensei said:

They are brainwashed on daily basis by Fox and similar TV channels

seems to me to be a reasonable way of expressing an experimentally determined fact

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5?r=US&IR=T

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, iNow said:

Perhaps, but what he said is largely accurate

19 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Is there a distinction between these two statements?

"I think that man is a thief because he is black" 

and

"I think that man is a thief because I saw him stealing".

I think there is; I think the first is bias and  the second is observation.

 

This

seems to me to be a reasonable way of expressing an experimentally determined fact

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5?r=US&IR=T

Your both right of course and I shouldn't have quoted Sensei, but the problem is so insidious that blame itself is part of the problem. 

We blame X for why X doesn't think like Y, so when Y gets the chance it counters the effects of X with Y thinking; then it's just a matter of exchanging letters.

If only there was an alphabet, or at least a Z.  

 

 

23 hours ago, iNow said:

I'm not convinced of this. He's too much of an insecure wuss. He can't even fire someone face to face and I don't feel he has the stomach for an actual attack like this. Our enemies seem to realize this and are getting much more brazen with our planes in the sky and navy boats in the ocean...

I meant from a soap opera POV, but we all know he has a tendancy to throw his toys out the pram; let's hope it stops with twitter.

Edited by dimreepr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 1:14 PM, iNow said:

I'm not convinced of this. He's too much of an insecure wuss. He can't even fire someone face to face and I don't feel he has the stomach for an actual attack like this. Our enemies seem to realize this and are getting much more brazen with our planes in the sky and navy boats in the ocean...

EDIT: Breaking news right now... He's now forced his 3rd National Security Advisory, John Bolton, to resign. This is further evidence of his dovishness since Bolton was notoriously hawkish 

Perhaps, but what he said is largely accurate

Such a terrible disposition to hold...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flick through all the global cable news stations around midnight GMT on most days and all I can say is that obsessing over trivial BS and endless partisan speculation that is neither here nor there won't get an impeachment nor be a hindrance to re election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Such a terrible disposition to hold...

I’m not sure I understand what you mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iNow said:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean

For all Trump's faults, reluctance to "pull the trigger" with a nuclear weapon is not one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

For all Trump's faults, reluctance to "pull the trigger" with a nuclear weapon is not one of them.

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2012 Trump tweeted that Obama would start a war to stay in office.  If he thinks starting a war helps presidents stay in office, it should worry us.

"President Donald Trump, who has continued to ramp up the rhetoric against North Korea, tweeted in 2012 that President Barack Obama will “have to start a war or major conflict” to win a second term in office because of his bad poll numbers.   The tweet is earning attention in light of Trump’s own poor poll numbers during the ongoing dispute with North Korea.

“Polls are starting to look really bad for Obama. Looks like he’ll have to start a war or major conflict to win. Don’t put it past him,” Trump tweeted on October 17, 2012.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/08/trump-twitter-obama-north-korea-war-poll-approval/

Trump's attitude to the presidency has evolved over time.  At first is was a publicity stunt for attention and notoriety, he never really wanted or expected to win the election.  After he won the election he immediately complained that the job was hard, he thought being president would be easier (than his current job, boss of a private enterprise with unlimited powers.)  How naïve or delusional can anyone be?  That is when he set his "executive time" for watching Fox News everyday.

Trump rapidly got used to the constant, wide-spread, attention, more than he had imagined.  He simply got addicted to the constant attention he was getting, every day, all over the world.  His dream of constant attention has finally come true.  Now he wants to be a dictator and stay in office the rest of his life.  And for someone with such a high level of narcissism, when his life ends the world might as well end.  How much time does he have left?  That is how long the earth needs to be around for his entertainment.

Edited by Airbrush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.