I poured mineral carbonated water Bonaqua by CocaCola on my hair. Is it bad?

anaccount123456

Main ingredient in Bonaqua is carbonated water.
With small amounts of magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride and sodium chloride.
The last two are salts that your body needs ( see how much sodium chloride is in a can of soup ? )
And if you're ingesting that amount of magnesium sulfate when you drink Bonaqua, I don't think any absorbed through your scalp will have any noticeable effect.

18 hours ago, MigL said:

Main ingredient in Bonaqua is carbonated water.
With small amounts of magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride and sodium chloride.
The last two are salts that your body needs ( see how much sodium chloride is in a can of soup ? )
And if you're ingesting that amount of magnesium sulfate when you drink Bonaqua, I don't think any absorbed through your scalp will have any noticeable effect.

they don't have to be noticeable. are there any bad effects? anything. 

In some countries it’s perfectly safe to drink the tap water in the home. In other countries it’s only safe to wash with the tap water in the home. If you live in one of these other countries, then you might question ‘Why stop with the hair? Why not just bathe in Bon Aqua?’

2 minutes ago, nevim said:

In some countries it’s perfectly safe to drink the tap water in the home. In other countries it’s only safe to wash with the tap water in the home. If you live in one of these other countries, then you might question ‘Why stop with the hair? Why not just bathe in Bon Aqua?’

Actually Bonaqua is basically carbonated tap water. I.e. they basically use municipal water.

5 minutes ago, CharonY said:

Actually Bonaqua is basically carbonated tap water. I.e. they basically use municipal water.

Ah ok. I bought a bottle once. I thought it had some added minerals for rehydration purposes but that could have been another brand.

Just now, StringJunky said:

The should call it Bonaquafaucet then.

:-)

10 minutes ago, nevim said:

I ‘tend’ to agree. Except for the last part!

Common, you can't bathe in Perrier without having a Chiwawa by your side. It's like trying to seperate space & time in GR.

15 minutes ago, koti said:

Common, you can't bathe in Perrier without having a Chiwawa by your side. It's like trying to seperate space & time in GR.

Ok. Thank you for that :-)

Edited by nevim

6 hours ago, anaccount123456 said:

they don't have to be noticeable. are there any bad effects? anything. 

You could sprain your tongue trying to differentiate between "frizzy hair" and "fizzy hair".

You could be sued by Coca Cola for giving their customer base a bad reputation.

If your scalp is dirty, you could be promoting plant growth by providing water and CO2 for sugar conversion through photosynthesis.

5 hours ago, koti said:

I would prefer to bathe in Perrier while drinking chilled Prosecco and petting a Chiwawa.

No wonder you're so confused!

If you bathe in Perrier, you should drink champagne and pet your French bulldog.

If you want to drink Prosecco, bathe in Pellegrino with your Bolognese.

And if you already have the Chihuahua, I would drink bourbon because he just peed in your bathtub.