You think you've got problems America...

dimreepr

They haven't been able to make an exit deal.
And they can't leave without a deal.

What difference will a couple more months make that they couldn't accomplish in two years ?

Have a new referendum already !
And not a binary ( yes or no ) choice, but a referendum which gives the UK a mandate to change those aspects of the EU which have resulted in the estrangement from the continent, and, to fix those problems  There are plenty of other countries in Europe that are dissatisfied with the current arrangement and concentration of power, but singularly, they are not very influential.
The UK could be their champion for change, as that can only be achieved from within the group.

37 minutes ago, MigL said:

Have a new referendum already !

yes, please.

38 minutes ago, MigL said:

And not a binary ( yes or no ) choice, but a referendum which gives the UK a mandate to change those aspects of the EU which have resulted in the estrangement from the continent, and, to fix those problems  There are plenty of other countries in Europe that are dissatisfied with the current arrangement and concentration of power, but singularly, they are not very influential.
The UK could be their champion for change, as that can only be achieved from within the group.

indeed, it's all too easy to let fear and loathing crowd our reasoning.

• 5 months later...

69444292_928935694137094_3248400198233227264_n.jpg

But to be fair, the problems we're having now is due to an uncertain future and BJ was, at least, trying to resolve that uncertainty; we can only tell if the cat is alive, when we look.

I'm no Boris fan BTW hence my use of BJ, but if we're to cross this bridge we have to step on it first.

The damage has been done, which is where the meme is apropriate and despite all his faults; it wasn't BJ that set the charges. 

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

69444292_928935694137094_3248400198233227264_n.jpg

But to be fair, the problems we're having now is due to an uncertain future and BJ was, at least, trying to resolve that uncertainty; we can only tell if the cat is alive, when we look.

I'm no Boris fan BTW hence my use of BJ, but if we're to cross this bridge we have to step on it first.

The damage has been done, which is where the meme is apropriate and despite all his faults; it wasn't BJ that set the charges. 

At least he's got some bollocks.

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Which is consistent with the lack of certainty about how many kids he has.

The problem is that he seems to think with them.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, MigL said:

change those aspects of the EU which have resulted in the estrangement from the continent,

What caused that estrangement was largely Boris  lying about them while pretending to be a journalist.

There really isn't much difference between the EU and the UK.

But there's a lot of lies about the EU.

18 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Which is consistent with the lack of certainty about how many kids he has.

The problem is that he seems to think with them.

What caused that estrangement was largely Boris  lying about them while pretending to be a journalist.

There really isn't much difference between the EU and the UK.

But there's a lot of lies about the EU.

Is that all you can pull up... his private life?

On 9/6/2019 at 3:05 PM, StringJunky said:

Is that all you can pull up... his private life?

Well, obviously, no- that's why I brought up the other stuff (about him lying while a "journalist" until he got sacked for it)- which you quoted.

However, it was you who raised the issue of his balls.

Perhaps you shouldn't have done that if you didn't want people to talk about his use of them.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, StringJunky said:

Only in the literal sense. 

He has some superficial charm (apparently) but apart from that he is just a dishonest showman and charlatan, driven only by his own ego.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49810261?fbclid=IwAR0wc5eOqz-hiu8MsdVHyJw_ALnX6fNWHTZSacdnc4rfvDg6kdq3OsflvU0

Boris Johnson's decision to suspend Parliament was unlawful, the Supreme Court has ruled.

I'm not convinced the supreme court has jurisdiction in this case.

But that aside, where do we go from here?

I predict a riot, is the least of our worries.

4 minutes ago, iNow said:

It seems Boris may call another election, but it's unclear he can win it. We're in a "wait and see" status for the time being.

He can't.

He has tried twice, and failed to get the required two thirds majority. He will not be allowed to bring the same motion again. And if he were, it would probably fail again.

He should resign but probably won't because he doesn't think he has done anything wrong.

One of the other parties (or even the government) could call for a vote of no confidence. That would probably succeed, and lead to a replacement government and PM. But who? No one has a majority, so there would need to be some sort of coalition "government of national unity" with a caretaker PM put in place purely to call another election (having first asked the EU for an extension to ensure the UK doesn't leave with no deal while that is being organised).

14 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Who are you going to appeal to? The highest court in the country has decided that they do.

1 minute ago, iNow said:

It seems Boris may call another election, but it's unclear he can win it. We're in a "wait and see" status for the time being.

I think we were in a "wait and see" status, now I'm not so sure; political trust is almost non existant now, because most of the hard line leavers don't see a distinction between the judiciary, the politico's and the elite.

If we wanted to ferment a revolution I doubt we could have done a better job.

24 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

If we wanted to ferment a revolution I doubt we could have done a better job.

It's happening in nearly all countries around the planet. State actors and bots and trolls seem to have cracked the code which cracks civilizations. Britain, the US, Turkey, Indonesia, India, Brazil, Argentina, nearly everywhere... the wedges and deepening and widening, and it's being driven with intention IMO.

51 minutes ago, iNow said:

It's happening in nearly all countries around the planet. State actors and bots and trolls seem to have cracked the code which cracks civilizations. Britain, the US, Turkey, Indonesia, India, Brazil, Argentina, nearly everywhere... the wedges and deepening and widening, and it's being driven with intention IMO.

And it's surprising how often it doesn't apply to them...

35 minutes ago, geordief said:

How? By who?

There is a loose but well-organised network of like minded far-right extremists (Bannon is the prime example; Trump and Farage are part of it) who are skilful at getting their message out in a way that appeals to the tabloid-reading masses.

(A few years ago I would have thought that anyone who wrote the above was delusional. I still find it hard to believe that this is going on, but it seems to be an unavoidable conclusion.)

23 minutes ago, Strange said:

There is a loose but well-organised network of like minded far-right extremists (Bannon is the prime example; Trump and Farage are part of it) who are skilful at getting their message out in a way that appeals to the tabloid-reading masses.

(A few years ago I would have though anyone who wrote the above was delusional. I still find it hard to believe that this is going on, but it seems to be an unavoidable conclusion.)

All we can do is laugh and hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

Don't post drunk, mate.

I think you've missed my point, the police and army are interchangable and subject to the same hierarchy and so too the laws of that hierarchy. 

Those who decide on pronunciation also decide its meaning.

And by way of illustration...

71011205_1430990373760923_8400901433351733248_n.jpg

It's easy to fuck a sheep, but if you want to fuck a moose you'd better have a plan.