Which materials don’t left residue?

Lunes

20 minutes ago, mathematic said:

Hydrocarbons if burned properly end up as water and carbon dioxide, no ash.  These could be liquid or sold (candles).

I’m searching for pipes, or foils to make pipes of, or similar. I need it to burn as clean as possible without any residue left behind. I know I could use roller paper to make the pipe, but i need the tubing to be stronger and more water resistent.

I read that celluloid, the first ”plastic”, burns completely without any residue. But it seem to be impossible to find any of this material as pipes or similar, I can only find ping-pong balls and old toys made of it. I can’t make any pipes out of that.

What’s my best option that I can get my hands on?

24 minutes ago, Lunes said:

I’m searching for pipes, or foils to make pipes of, or similar. I need it to burn as clean as possible without any residue left behind. I know I could use roller paper to make the pipe, but i need the tubing to be stronger and more water resistent.

I read that celluloid, the first ”plastic”, burns completely without any residue. But it seem to be impossible to find any of this material as pipes or similar, I can only find ping-pong balls and old toys made of it. I can’t make any pipes out of that.

What’s my best option that I can get my hands on?

If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, it's highly flammable.

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, it's highly flammable.

Celluloid is made of nitrocellulose and camphor. Nitrocellulose is the basis for almost all Smokeless Propellants, smokeless powder in vernacular. We made nitrocellulose out of thin paper and used it as magicians do with their "touch paper"; ignited, it burns completely emitting no smoke, and leaving virtually no ash. Some of the nitrated esters also burn completely, a different kind of "burning", actually a dissociation of the molecules into the component elements contained. One would be Propanetriol.