I am confused: What is an embryo? Is it a baby, a foetus?

PaulP

10 minutes ago, PaulP said:

When is it that an embryo is properly developed? And when it is properly developed is it then correct to call it a baby?

All timelines are arbitrary.since development is a continuum. Those definitions are usually legally defined based on medical consultation.

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

All timelines are arbitrary.since development is a continuum. Those definitions are usually legally defined based on medical consultation.

So you would agree with me when I said

"Clearly you haven't a clue what an embryo is but thanks for sharing your totally unscientific, inaccurate view with everyone."

To someone who said this to me:

"Straw-man. It is not a baby nor a proper developed embryo. People forget the abortion law is under extreme constraints. It is not about killing babies willy nilly as some people like you would like to posit. Straw-manning is all you are doing."

Edited by PaulP

29 minutes ago, PaulP said:

In UK/EU law: an embryo is up to 56 days; a foetus is 57 days to just under 6 months; at 6 months it becomes a baby and has legal status as a person.

Foetus’ is generally taken to mean the embryo from 8 weeks (56days) post fertilisation to birth.

https://embryo-ethics.smd.qmul.ac.uk/tutorials/embryo-and-the-law/english-law-foetus/

On 1/12/2019 at 6:45 PM, PaulP said:

!

Moderator Note

Not sure where this came from, since the quotes aren't attributed, but this sounds like discussing another discussion. If you can't defend your arguments there, don't open other threads to hedge your failures to persuade. It's an intellectually dishonest practice. Thread closed.