New Thesis of Chronology and solar eclipses

Pekux

Can do new chronology using help solar eclipses? Perhaps everyone interested in reading, for example, the history of Assyria, Babylon and Egypt, has at some point noticed some references to solar eclipses observed at that distant time.

This is one:

deleted

!

Moderator Note

This is posted in science news. We expect a link to a news source. Advertising a book is against the rules. The image of the book cover has been removed. If you do this again you will be banned as a spammer.

1 hour ago, Pekux said:

Perhaps everyone interested in reading, for example, the history of Assyria, Babylon and Egypt, has at some point noticed some references to solar eclipses observed at that distant time.

References to astronomical events like this have been used to pin down the dates of events. For example, there is an depiction of Halley's Comet in the Bayeux Tapestry (1066).

There are some example in this article: https://www.britannica.com/science/eclipse/Uses-of-eclipses-for-chronological-purposes

Chinese chronology can be confirmed accurately by eclipses from the 8th century BCE(during the Zhou dynasty) onward. The Chunqiu chronicle, mentioned above, notes the occurrence of 36 solar eclipses between 722 and 481 BCE

The chronology of Ptolemy’s canon list of kings—which gives the Babylonian series from 747 to 539 BCE, the Persian series from 538 to 324 BCE, the Alexandrian series from 323 to 30 BCE, and the Roman series from 30 BCE onward—is confirmed by eclipses. 

Is that the sort of thing you are referring to?

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Is that the sort of thing you are referring to?

Not exactly.

Assyrian, Babylonian and Egypt history tell total five solar eclipses to a given year. (Sorry my bad english)

• Esarhaddon's first year
  • Ashur-Dan III's ninth year
  • Shimbar-Sibak's seventh year
  • Shoshenq I's seventeenth year
  • Mursili II's tenth year.

Is also many other solar eclipses and few lunar eclipse:

• Takelot II's fifteenth year
  • Sargon II'a about sixth year

All of these form a single fixed period with little room for maneuver.

Edited by Pekux

1 hour ago, Pekux said:

All of these form a single fixed period with little room for maneuver.

In addition astronomer Aymen Ibrahem is survey solar eclipses as follows:

• Queen Hatshepsut's fifteenth year
  • Akhenaten's fourth year
  • Seti I's ninth year
  • Osorkon II's the twenty-second year.
Edited by Pekux

Rarely treated Esarhaddon's first year.

Sidney Smith’s translation of the Esarhaddon chronicle in Babylonian Historical Texts (London 1924) page 14 reads:

"In the month Teshri [Sept.-Oct.] the sun darkened [its] light."

2 hours ago, Pekux said:

Assyrian, Babylonian and Egypt history tell total five solar eclipses to a given year.

There cannot be five solar eclipses in a year.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. We know people have recorded solar (and lunar eclipses). We know that, in some cases, they could also predict them. Because we can calculate the dates of the eclipses, we can use this to check the dates of ancient events.

20 minutes ago, Strange said:

There cannot be five solar eclipses in a year.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. We know people have recorded solar (and lunar eclipses). We know that, in some cases, they could also predict them. Because we can calculate the dates of the eclipses, we can use this to check the dates of ancient events.

These eclipses is some periods, example:

• Shoshenq I's seventeeth solar eclipse and Takelot II's lunar eclipse period is about 99,5 year.
  • Shoshenq I's seventeeth solar eclipse and Osorkon II's twenty-second solar eclipse period is about 76 year.
  • Osorkon Ii's twenty-second solar eclipse and Takelot II:n lunar eclipse period is about 23,5 year.

https://moonblink.info/Eclipse/search

Is found? :)

Edited by Pekux

19 hours ago, Strange said:

And? What is your point?

Solar eclipses are superior, because they can be schedule punctuality a few hours.

In this topic are listed 9 solar eclipses and 2 lunar eclipses, which have been carefully timed for a particular kings regnal year.

When all these eclipses occur in the new chronology for the years in question, the chronology is then successfully fixed.

The idea is also that the lengths of the kings reign should not be altered quite at random.

Ps. to current chronology:

Solar eclipse Akhenaten's fourth year > 1352 BC

Solar eclipse  II's tenth year. > 1312 BC

Solar eclipse Seti I's ninth year > 1286 BC (?)

Solar eclipse Shimbar-Sibak's seventh year > 1015 BC(?)

Solar eclipse Shoshenq I's seventeenth year > 951 BC(?)

Solar eclipse Osorkon II's the twenty-second year > not found

Lunar eclipse Takelot II's fifteenth year > 851 BC(?)

Solar eclipse Ashur-Dan III's ninth year > 763 BC

Lunar eclipse Sargon II'a about sixth year > 714 BC

Solar eclipse Esarhaddon's first year  > not found

Edited by Pekux

8 minutes ago, Pekux said:

Solar eclipses are superior, because they can be schedule punctuality a few hours.

In this topic are listed 9 solar eclipses and 2 lunar eclipses, which have been carefully timed for a particular kings regnal year.

When all these eclipses occur in the new chronology for the years in question, the chronology is then successfully fixed.

The idea is also that the lengths of the kings reign should not be altered quite at random.

So how is this different from the other examples of confirming dates of events by using eclipses?

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

So how is this different from the other examples of confirming dates of events by using eclipses?

Hi, I just edited my post :)

This my quote:

We can see that the correction of chronology needs to emanate from an open-minded attitude, as the reign periods of kings may have to be moved a lot from their present places.

You are still not very clear. You need to show what you are changing, and why.

So, for example, what does the mean:

You are saying that there was a solar eclipse in the the fourth year of Akhnaten's reign? (Or do you mean the fourth year of his life?)

What is the source that says the eclipse was in 1352?

What is the source hat says this eclipse was in the 4th year of his reign?

And how does this compare to the accepted dates of his reign?

Wikipedia says that his reign started in 1351 or 1353. So there is an error somewhere. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten 

I am not going to research all of the people and dates you have provided to try and understand what you are saying. You need to explain what you are saying and where you get the data from.

3 hours ago, Pekux said:

Solar eclipse  II's tenth year. > 1312 BC

Solar eclipse Seti I's ninth year > 1286 BC (?)

Solar eclipse Shimbar-Sibak's seventh year > 1015 BC(?)

Solar eclipse Shoshenq I's seventeenth year > 951 BC(?)

Solar eclipse Osorkon II's the twenty-second year > not found

Lunar eclipse Takelot II's fifteenth year > 851 BC(?)

Solar eclipse Ashur-Dan III's ninth year > 763 BC

Lunar eclipse Sargon II'a about sixth year > 714 BC

Solar eclipse Esarhaddon's first year  > not found

This missing one eclipse:

Solar eclipse Queen Hatshepsut's fifteenth year > 1464 BC (?)

Also this is uncertain, because Akhenaten's reign is changed start about 3 years earlier. 

Thus, we realise that it makes no sense to start making some minor changes to the chronology as mentioned above. Instead, the correction of chronology should start with a clean slate.

Edited by Pekux

On 1/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, Pekux said:

Astronomer Aymen Ibrahem study:

http://www.oocities.org/duarta/index6.html

https://www.eclipse-chasers.com/article/history/Akhet.shtml

All thinhgs found from Google search :-)

I'm not going to search through all that to try and find the relevant information.

It is extremely insulting to behave like that. If you can't be bothered to explain what you are talking about, then I can't be bothered to discuss it.

(Just noticed this is in Science News, which is inappropriate. I can't tell if you have some alternative idea about the dates of eclipses or something, but. as that seems possible I am going to suggest it is moved to Speculations. If you can explain what you are talking about then maybe it can be moved somewhere else.)

!

Moderator Note

This seems more like a lecture about an unsubstantiated claim than any kind of news (especially science news). If you have alternative claims to make, please do so in our Speculations section. 

!

Moderator Note

Also, you need to clarify what you want to discuss. Lecturing/soapboxing/preaching are against the rules. I'm closing this thread. When you can explain your idea so others can understand it, you can start another thread. Please support that thread with evidence and clear reasoning.