Mathematics ends in contradiction-an integer=a non-integer

anne242

1)Mathematics/science end in contradiction-an integer=a non-integer. When mathematics/science end in contradiction it is proven in logic that you can prove anything you want in mathematics ie you can prove Fermat's last theorem and you can disprove Fermat's last theorem

http://gamahucherpress.yellowgum.com/wp-content/uploads/All-things-are-possible.pdf

The paper proves

1 is a finite number it stops
A finite decimal is one that stops, like 0.157
A non-finite decimal like 0.999... does not stop
when a finite number 1 = a non-finite number 0.999.. then maths ends in contradiction

another way

1 is an integer a whole number
0.888... is a non-integer it is not a whole number
0.999... is a non-integer not a whole number
when a integer 1 =a non-integer 0.999... maths ends in contradiction

9 hours ago, anne242 said:

Another forum had to ban discussion of this particular piece of "mathematical" idiocy because so many people were unable to understand that 0.999... == 1 and got strangely angry about their ignorance.

It will be interesting to see if anyone here is going to try and defend this.

10 hours ago, anne242 said:

The paper proves...

... that the usual crackpot test of multiple fonts, colours and sizes still works.

10 hours ago, anne242 said:

1)Mathematics/science end in contradiction-an integer=a non-integer. When mathematics/science end in contradiction it is proven in logic that you can prove anything you want in mathematics ie you can prove Fermat's last theorem and you can disprove Fermat's last theorem

Welcome to Science Forums.

I'm sorry I am unclear as to what exactly you wanted to discuss.

You start with a listing of something but only get as far a number (1) on your list, which carries your own claim, but no question is asked.

Then you add additional material that appears to be a reference to something elsewhere without furthering your list or explanation.

So please clearly state what you would like this thread to discuss.

When you do this please identify definitions that you wish to use and distinguish them from those used elsewhere.
For example please state your definition of a finite number as that would save a great deal of argument at cross purposes.

Edited by studiot

!

Moderator Note

anne242, I'm moving this thread to Speculations, since it's definitely not a mainstream stance. You can defend your stance with supportive evidence and reasoning. Make sure to address criticism and requests for clarity, to avoid soapboxing on the subject.

Everyone will remember that civility is our #1 rule. 

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

Everyone will remember that civility is our #1 rule. 

It may be that anne242 would like to understand what is going on and is looking for explanation.

But she didn't say, one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

its all very simple really

when a finite number 1 = a non-finite number 0.999.. then maths ends in contradiction

another way

On 1/11/2019 at 12:17 PM, Strange said:

... that the usual crackpot test of multiple fonts, colours and sizes still works.

I have no idea why they're downgrading quality of their materials with crappy design of websites, crappy layout etc. etc.

Even if they would have something interesting to say, such clumsiness immediately put you off..

18 minutes ago, Sensei said:

I have no idea why they're downgrading quality of their materials with crappy design of websites, crappy layout etc. etc.

Even if they would have something interesting to say, such clumsiness immediately put you off..

I know it often does to me as well, I also tend to discard any article that attempts to preach self greatness. ( not directed at this article in particular ). This isn't the sort of paper that holds any interest to me however found myself agreeing with the quoted section

Edited by Mordred

3 hours ago, anne242 said:

I asked you to define finite and since you have not done this I am reporting this trhead for closure.

For your information, it does not make any difference whether zero point nine recurring terminates or not.

The number is still finite by conventional definitions.

Finite refers to the absolute value of the number not the quantity of digits after the decimal point needed to express it.

The absolute value of zero decimal point followed by an infinity of nines is 1

5 hours ago, anne242 said:

By redefining the word "infinite" you have made your argument meaningless.

A finite decimal is one that is blue. A non-finite decimal is one that smells like banana. When a blue number = a number that smells like banana then your argument ends in chaos.

5 hours ago, anne242 said:

This is an example of the fallacy of begging the question. You start by (wrongly) assuming that 0.999... is a non-integer and then use that to "prove" that it cannot be equal to an integer. When it obviously is.

You are basically saying 1 is a non-integer not a whole number and therefore 1 does not equal 1. That is a pretty dumb argument.

4 hours ago, Eise said:

What is wrong with the proofs, you can read here?

So, on the one hand we have mathematical proofs. On the other hand we have "no, but it can't be; just look at it !!!1¡¡!!"

!

Moderator Note

A speculation based on misconceptions isn't going to yield a meaningful explanation. Since there's no way to support a concept based on a misunderstanding, I'm going to close this. I hope the OP has enough information in the replies to correct their understanding.