My Dog Saved the Life of a Mouse

Airbrush

However, not intentionally, but this is how it happened.  Our new dog was about 8 months old, a 15-pound Chihuahua-mix.  She rarely barks but I heard her barking in the back yard.  She was excited that a mouse was stuck in muddy water in a 2-foot by 2-foot planter that I was planning to transplant into.  After a rain the soil was like quicksand and the mouse was trapped in it.  I scooped the mouse out of the mud with a smaller plastic pot and dropped it on the dry concrete.  It was shivering as though close to hyperthermia from being stuck in the cold, muddy water for I don't know how long, maybe many hours.  I closed her doggie door and we stayed inside until I checked on the mouse an hour later.  The mouse was grooming itself and still shivering.  Then when I checked on it an hour later it was gone!  That mouse must have learned to avoid this back yard, thanks to my dog.

Does anyone want to recall an experience with a pet that made you think "hmmmmmm"?

52 minutes ago, Michael Wilkins said:

I love all the animals who can't speak like humans but I also afraid of some, lol:D

Animals speak languages which human don't understand.. They are not so sophisticated as human language, but still they carrier messages. About food sources, about predators, about life.

Edited by Sensei