Quantum Superposition

Demiurge_King

So I'm new to this but I'm curious as to times correlation to Quantum Computers, if qubits ect. Can be both ect. Wouldn't quantum computers defy time and be the key to predict the future to an extent through algorithms and Ai ? In other words with the vast knowledge that AI has gathered including Facebooks algorithms and data of social trends and human predictability in groups such as in psychology like a flock of birds, couldn't quantum computing and Ai with an outside influence such as propaganda steer human events or history? Like I said I'm 22 not so smart but if you understand what I'm asking and can give me your best explanation and answer I would be greatful.

3 minutes ago, Demiurge_King said:

So I'm new to this but I'm curious as to times correlation to Quantum Computers, if qubits ect. Can be both ect. Wouldn't quantum computers defy time and be the key to predict the future to an extent through algorithms and Ai ? In other words with the vast knowledge that AI has gathered including Facebooks algorithms and data of social trends and human predictability in groups such as in psychology like a flock of birds, couldn't quantum computing and Ai with an outside influence such as propaganda steer human events or history? Like I said I'm 22 not so smart but if you understand what I'm asking and can give me your best explanation and answer I would be greatful.

I apologise in advance if the question seems all over the place.

I could be wrong, but don’t think this is about superposition or even time (especially since time as a concept is so elusive and evasive from simple definition).

You do, however, seem to be asking if a strong enough computer with enough data inputs could alter how we interact with one another and change future history... if it could use the data collected each moment to do this precisely and with a specific outcome intended. 

If so, then yes. Nation states and corporations already do this today, just sloppily.

Or, did I misunderstand? My instincts tell me that one of us is enjoying psychotropics right now, and it’s not me.

Pretty much answered my question and like I said I'm no genuis just enjoy science and questioning stuff, I just thought in a sense Quantum Superposition or Entaglement defied time because of the EPR Paradox explanation of Causality where the two particles collapsed instantaneously?

7 minutes ago, iNow said:

I could be wrong, but don’t think this is about superposition or even time (especially since time as a concept is so elusive and evasive from simple definition).

You do, however, seem to be asking if a strong enough computer with enough data inputs could alter how we interact with one another and change future history... if it could use the data collected each moment to do this precisely and with a specific outcome intended. 

If so, then yes. Nation states and corporations already do this today, just sloppily.

Or, did I misunderstand? My instincts tell me that one of us is enjoying psychotropics right now, and it’s not me.

Thank you sir

In entanglement (or superposition more generally) there is no information transfer. Causality is maintained. 

It's a pretty common misconception that there is information exchange, often due to sloppy pros in popsci articles. 

3 hours ago, Demiurge_King said:

I just thought in a sense Quantum Superposition or Entaglement defied time because of the EPR Paradox explanation of Causality where the two particles collapsed instantaneously?

The collapse of entanglement is instantaneous but that is the final step to read the result. Quantum computers still need time to solve a problem. It takes time to set up the state of the system to solve the problem, it then takes time for the system to go through the steps required to do the calculation. 

Quantum computers may be faster for some types of problems, but the time taken to factor a number, for example, still increases with the size of the number