Good foundation to start learning

Thres

Hi, i'm a high school dropout (regret it now) looking to one day get a higher degree of study and join a scientific field (still torn between which), what kinda places do you think are good places to start learning, places to read papers, good forums and the like

Biology, Chemistry, Engineering Physics.

See if you can get hold of this book by Stephen Vogel.

It might inspire you.

It really does explain in layman's terms the technicalities of how Nature and Human (engineering) achieve similar objectives.

https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/books/steven-vogel/cats-paws-and-catapults-mechanical-worlds-of-nature-and-people-penguin-press-sci/GOR001203699?keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiLuCp7LM3wIVA7DtCh0GCQGQEAQYASABEgI1kPD_BwE

Edited by studiot

6 hours ago, studiot said:

See if you can get hold of this book by Stephen Vogel.

I read Vogel's Why the Wheel is Round. Very informative, not too technical, and extremely insightful. I look forward to reading this one as well. Happy New Year, studiot!

40 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I read Vogel's Why the Wheel is Round. Very informative, not too technical, and extremely insightful. I look forward to reading this one as well. Happy New Year, studiot!

Thank you for the encouragement.

C P & C is a superb book, but I had not come across the wheel one. I must look it out.

This is how Science Forums forums discussion site is meant to operate.

Exchanging information.

2 hours ago, Thres said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I intend to get it on my next payday. It seems like a good place for me to start.

Hope ypu like it.

Remember to come back here to SF and ask questions as you proceed.

:)