Science Project Help

lalith

I am currently a freshman in high school and I am looking to make a science fair to get into nationals. I've come up with a few ideas, such as creating an alternative to stagnant waters with cyanobacteria, but there already seems to be an invention for that issue. I've spent so much time researching, but I just can't seem to find a good topic and a good solution to my topics. Can anybody help me with some ideas?

Sounds like biological sciences are for you or would you consider others ?

As a for instance how about investigating better packaging for medication for old and /or disabled people?

Today's blister packs are highly unsatisfactory.

Edited by studiot

7 hours ago, studiot said:

Sounds like biological sciences are for you or would you consider others ?

As a for instance how about investigating better packaging for medication for old and /or disabled people?

Today's blister packs are highly unsatisfactory.

That sounds great! I'm also wondering that if I were to do projects like these, how you would get help from researchers. For example, I want to do my research in a lab and get help from specialized scientists or doctors, but how would I look for a right lab? 

5 hours ago, lalith said:

That sounds great! I'm also wondering that if I were to do projects like these, how you would get help from researchers. For example, I want to do my research in a lab and get help from specialized scientists or doctors, but how would I look for a right lab? 

Well it depends, but this is where you do some work.

:)

First approach your project supervisor and alert her to the possibility you might need a backup reference as you are going to approach outside professionals.

Ask you GP if you can discuss with his  secretary.

Ask in your local pharmacy or hospital.

In my road we have at least one retired pharmacist.

I don't know where you live, but since this is a national science fair one of the drug companies might be prepared to offer (small) sponsorship or help.

Now put your thinking cap on and see what other sources of help you can identify.

Good luck.

14 hours ago, studiot said:

Well it depends, but this is where you do some work.

:)

First approach your project supervisor and alert her to the possibility you might need a backup reference as you are going to approach outside professionals.

Ask you GP if you can discuss with his  secretary.

Ask in your local pharmacy or hospital.

In my road we have at least one retired pharmacist.

I don't know where you live, but since this is a national science fair one of the drug companies might be prepared to offer (small) sponsorship or help.

Now put your thinking cap on and see what other sources of help you can identify.

Good luck.

Thank you for this. I also have another question. By saying that blister pack packaging are unsatisfactory, how are they this way? And if the packaging was damaged, how does it affect the blister pack.

7 hours ago, lalith said:

Thank you for this. I also have another question. By saying that blister pack packaging are unsatisfactory, how are they this way? And if the packaging was damaged, how does it affect the blister pack.

Put on a pair of thick gloves and some blinkers to reduce your visula acuity.

Now try a blister pack as many less able have to do.

I have a neighbour, of whom it is said that her dog gets more of her pills than she does as she drops them on the floor.

Remember this is homework help.

• 3 weeks later...

As a Sophomore in high school, a rotary high-voltage interruptor I had built myself to copy one of Strickfadden's similar devices in a Frankenstein movie was used to build an operating high-voltage high-frequency Tesla coil. I could not enter the Science Fair as I was not in General Science, but my friend took it over and won second place!   Just reminiscing, sorry.