Power Transfer via html

forex10

Hello,

I would like to propose the idea of using the HTML function to transfer power. We can already transfer data, images, & video throughout different points in cyberspace. I would not think it would be such a difficult accomplishment to transfer power this way. It would involve sending either small or large amounts of electrical current a few inches or to the other side of the earth. By using hypertext transfer protocol, power could be moved instantaneously with little or no power loss. 

So if any one has an idea of how this could be done a reply will be appreciated. Also please allow this message to be posted because I have done my best to comply with all of the posting rules. Thanks in advance for any responses.

JoeL

1 hour ago, forex10 said:

By using hypertext transfer protocol, power could be moved instantaneously with little or no power loss. 

That's ridiculous.

So if any one has an idea of how this could be done a reply will be appreciated.

It can't be done. That's not what html does, nor would the physical infrastructure for sending data hold up to transferring a significant amount of power.

Hello, the idea unfortunately is too vague to analyze but here are some questions:

I would like to propose the idea of using the HTML function to transfer power.

Ok. Are you proposing changes the existing internet infrastructure to allow for power transfer? Or changes to existing electrical grids? Or something else?
What is "the HTML function"?

We can already transfer data, images, & video throughout different points in cyberspace. I would not think it would be such a difficult accomplishment to transfer power this way.

Transferring useful amounts of power requires different technology than transferring data. Lots of data is consumed by mobile devices for instance.

58 minutes ago, forex10 said:

It would involve sending either small or large amounts of electrical current a few inches or to the other side of the earth.

That would be kind of dangerous? What would be the outcome if one could send huge amounts of currents to any device connected?

3 hours ago, forex10 said:

Hello,

I would like to propose the idea of using the HTML function to transfer power. We can already transfer data, images, & video throughout different points in cyberspace. I would not think it would be such a difficult accomplishment to transfer power this way. It would involve sending either small or large amounts of electrical current a few inches or to the other side of the earth. By using hypertext transfer protocol, power could be moved instantaneously with little or no power loss. 

So if any one has an idea of how this could be done a reply will be appreciated. Also please allow this message to be posted because I have done my best to comply with all of the posting rules. Thanks in advance for any responses.

JoeL

You are misunderstanding what HTML is.

HyperText Markup Language.

Just the same as words on a page.

What you are proposing is implemented with words on a page with some greetings cards that incorporate a small battery to power some desired effect like a sound jingle or flashing lights.

But sending a card is sending a physical object.

With HTML you are sending nothing physical so you would have to rely on HTML commands to activate something at the receiving end that already has power.
This is already part of the protocol it.
It was never very well used, but modern remote automation phone apps are becoming more popular (and still require a source of power at the receiving end).

This is not like USB which can provide both power and data soen the same connection, or non contact  charging which requires close proximity.

Edited by studiot

Thanks for your responses. Although they were mostly negative they still gave me an idea of how it could work. One idea is to send a sample power packet to an internet address then at the other end the power sample could be amplified, thus not overwhelming the power grid or internet infrastructure. Now if this did work an entire book could be written about how it works & all of the applications, but of course I am being as brief as possible. This could be tied into the IoT. I am sure it will evolve during the 2020's.

Joe L.

If writer, 2D/3D graphician, blogger, vlogger, etc. etc., has many visitors on his/her website, earns money from ads, supporters and sponsors, he/she can pay for electricity.. and you have "transfer of power energy through HTML website".. ;)

Edited by Sensei