Science and Religion: A Math Theory Request

The_Questioner

Now, with all due respect to all: first of, thank you for participating.

Otherwise, unless anyone has a question, I would like to end this topic, as I did get an answer to my question: Can't be done.
Respecting this as answer, to me, it can be ended here.

I will answer all further questions, if any, but I will not actively engage the topic any further.

Again, thank you all, this was an interesting experience.

18 hours ago, The_Questioner said:

as I did get an answer to my question

But which answer did you choose?

The original kneejerk guesswork from ignorance one you already had,  or the scond quite different answer that two people with postgraduate degrees told you?

I wonder why.

1 hour ago, studiot said:

But which answer did you choose?

The original kneejerk guesswork from ignorance one you already had,  or the scond quite different answer that two people with postgraduate degrees told you?

I wonder why.

I answered on a previous post, good sir.  :)

I choose for the Theoretical-Subjective Probability (page 1, sir), if that is what you asked for.
For answer, I picked the "can't be done." one.
I even got in later posts an answer as to WHY it could not be done, yay!
Though be it in a very general way, still

I kind of hate it that folks go like " Can't de done." and then stop there.
Can't be done is a good, yet incomplete answer, impolite, too.
Can't be done BECAUSE (insert reason here) would the the good answer.
Don't you agree, sir?

I mean: "Just because", another one of the same type answers, what on Jupiter can one learn from that?

Edited by The_Questioner

23 minutes ago, The_Questioner said:

Discussion can be quite meaningful, and have valuable info, for one of the speakers.

Only if one listens, sir ;)

20 hours ago, The_Questioner said:

The original question was: calculate the odds, starting from Big Bang to now, us, being it possible to be just pure luck.

https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Million-to-one_chance

a million-to-one chance succeeds nine times out of ten.

the list of things they have failed to accomplish with odds a few percentage points off in either direction is probably a lot longer and involves a lot more fatalities

29 minutes ago, The_Questioner said:

Only if one listens when the other speaks facts.
Many have no clue about things due to misinformation, often running into the most ludicrous claims.

Niburu, anyone?    XD

as jokes go... :wacko: mines better... ;)

Edited by dimreepr

2 hours ago, The_Questioner said:

I kind of hate it that folks go like " Can't de done." and then stop there.
Can't be done is a good, yet incomplete answer, impolite, too.
Can't be done BECAUSE (insert reason here) would the the good answer.

That's fair.

An even better approach is: Cannot be done for THESE reasons. However, you might enhance your current understanding by exploring the topic in THIS way instead.

That said, I feel you have received both responses on this (now) 3-page long thread, so you seem to be requesting an outcome already achieved.

Not quite precisely, sir.
I am merely responding to people talking.

Now, I am aware this post no longer suits in this thread, hence I asked to move it.
If you read up, for the last several posts, this has become... just... chatting.  :)

It seems to be something humans tend to do?

Just now, The_Questioner said:

Now, I am aware this post no longer suits in this thread, hence I asked to move it.
If you read up, for the last several posts, this has become... just... chatting.  :)

back to

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

fingers in ears and :P

3 minutes ago, The_Questioner said:

Not sure I follow what you're saying or how it relates to actual point I shared with my post, nor am I sure that I really care. Anyway... thanks for the response.

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

Not sure I follow what you're saying or how it relates to actual point I shared with my post, nor am I sure that I really care. Anyway... thanks for the response.

Well, there was a post inbetween yours and this reaction I gave...
Seems to be deleted, creating this weirdness.

Edited by The_Questioner

19 minutes ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Nothing has been hidden for any reason in this thread. We never delete posts.

Excuse me, sir moderator, I did not specifically pointed at anyone.
I actually thought the poster itself had removed it for some reason.

My sincere apologies if I gave you this impression!

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, The_Questioner said:

Greetings:

Before anything, I am a 50 year young man with Aspergers and ADHD that considers himself a free-thinking Catholic.
This question is in two parts.
And my sincere apology for the length of the second one, it might seem like a wall of words, but i saw no other way to properly post it without changing anything in the question's content, interpretation or meaning.

1) First, a personal question, this is to see just how far math and science is related, in your person:

"How important is mathematics to you, what place has mathematics to you, and how far does mathematics have an impact on your thinking/accepting?"

2) Here we have the actual math question, the one I warned you about:

a) Could you please calculate the odds, percentage-wise preferably, just how big the change is that the universe and everything in it, thus, the universe from Big Bang to this day in age and everything that comes with it, such as the placing of all bodies, the creation of elements,  the creation of our solar system, the perfect positioning of Earth in the solar system which has the perfect sun to sustain life (as we know it, for the record), the forming of Earth, the first start of life (that simple single form cell up to the enourmous variety of life (plant, animal, fish, insectoid, ...) through all time periods) on Earth, the complete evolution of life with human origins and evolution as greatest importation in this part,  the way ecology systems work and how nature has been able to withstand (albeit FASTLY losing this batttle more and more swiftly) the polution and destruction by human(oid) hands (throughout all eras of humanoid existance), actually random luck is, and thus not created by whom- (be it God, Jahwe, Jehova, Allah, ...)or whatever the "creator" (a god, an intellectual energy form, an alien playing the Sims (I said this alien thing here, to show that I leave it in the actual middle what this creator might be as I have not a single clue, NOT to create a mockery. Also, I said this to make sure, in my own unusual and autistic (Aspergers with ADHD, note) way to not insult anyone in any way.), ...)?

Thank you very much.

I agree with the 100% probability of the universe existing. But not everything in the middle.

Just my thought but, the universe is an artificial creation or a naturally event. So there's a 50/50 chance of you picking the correct answer as to its origin.