Are gender differences in personality traits mostly due to culture or biological differences? (Split from “choose gender option”)

Raider5678

55 minutes ago, Javaxcore said:

I am no expert, but I would imagine that if you were left without human contact kept healthy and as happy as possible, you wouldn't know what gender was. Happy to be shown evidence to the contrary 

Sure. And you also wouldn't know friendship, dating, leadership, bullying, or any other thing that has a social component. And while we are at it, if you were left without access to seafood you wouldn't know what a tuna fish sandwich tasted like.

IOW I don't think your statement brings us any new insights.

21 hours ago, zapatos said:

IOW I don't think your statement brings us any new insights.

Perhaps one, happy is the wrong word to use.

34 minutes ago, Javaxcore said:

Think we learn from others are cultural constructs as opposed to instinctive/instinctual?

Yet some of us question our culture, isn't that instinctive?

On 2/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, zapatos said:

You are very good at stating the obvious.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, dimreepr said:

Perhaps one, happy is the wrong word to use.

Yet some of us question our culture, isn't that instinctive?

The question asks an obvious question. 

• 4 months later...

I would say that personality traits are different in genders due to culture, hardwired biology, and personal interests.

Hardwired biology makes biological males physically, intellectually, and psychologically stronger than biological females on average. Which is why there are male-dominated jobs that require heavy lifting, inventing new technologies, and being able to complete tasks without getting distracted with psychological instability, such as being a marine tasked to kill people during war.

Politics, technological innovation, and hardcore sports are male-dominated. Most countries are ruled by men. Most technologies get invented by men. And most biological males would have an unfair advantage in women's sports if they all identified as women and participated in women's sports. Because biological females are more likely to have injuries, infertility, and hormonal imbalance that can damage their bodies if they overwork their bodies with hardcore exercise for sports compared to biological males who usually have less fragile bodies than average biological females.

Biological males are designed to be the dominant sex from the human race in the animal kingdom. It can't be avoided considering average biological females are sexually attracted to people who are taller than them. Also, average biological females depend on biological males when it comes to engineering, lifting heavy weights, reaching things that require a tall person to get, and topics that require a high I.Q. to understand them successfully when there are more male geniuses than there are female geniuses due to hardwired biology that makes biological males the dominant sex physically, intellectually, and psychologically. Socrates, Plato, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Ludwig van Beethoven, Leonardo da Vinci, William Shakespeare, Elon Musk, George Carlin, Daniel Tosh, and the creators of South Park all have one thing in common. They are biological males. Another thing they have in common is that they have abnormally high intelligence that is harder to obtain for biological females due to hardwired biology, not culture. Because it's harder to make an offspring of daughters with high I.Q.s than it is to make an offspring of sons with high I.Q.s due to hardwired biology. Transhumanism could get rid of hardwired biology and help improve biological females physically, psychologically, and intellectually.

Personal interests can make it harder to determine personality traits from different genders. A person from one gender can be interested in music hypothetically. Meanwhile, another person from another gender doesn't like music and likes writing instead hypothetically.

4 hours ago, SkepticalSpectacle said:

I would say that personality traits are different in genders due to culture, hardwired biology, and personal interests.

Hardwired biology makes biological males physically, intellectually, and psychologically stronger than biological females on average. Which is why there are male-dominated jobs that require heavy lifting, inventing new technologies, and being able to complete tasks without getting distracted with psychological instability, such as being a marine tasked to kill people during war.

Politics, technological innovation, and hardcore sports are male-dominated. Most countries are ruled by men. Most technologies get invented by men. And most biological males would have an unfair advantage in women's sports if they all identified as women and participated in women's sports. Because biological females are more likely to have injuries, infertility, and hormonal imbalance that can damage their bodies if they overwork their bodies with hardcore exercise for sports compared to biological males who usually have less fragile bodies than average biological females.

Biological males are designed to be the dominant sex from the human race in the animal kingdom. It can't be avoided considering average biological females are sexually attracted to people who are taller than them. Also, average biological females depend on biological males when it comes to engineering, lifting heavy weights, reaching things that require a tall person to get, and topics that require a high I.Q. to understand them successfully when there are more male geniuses than there are female geniuses due to hardwired biology that makes biological males the dominant sex physically, intellectually, and psychologically. Socrates, Plato, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Ludwig van Beethoven, Leonardo da Vinci, William Shakespeare, Elon Musk, George Carlin, Daniel Tosh, and the creators of South Park all have one thing in common. They are biological males. Another thing they have in common is that they have abnormally high intelligence that is harder to obtain for biological females due to hardwired biology, not culture. Because it's harder to make an offspring of daughters with high I.Q.s than it is to make an offspring of sons with high I.Q.s due to hardwired biology. Transhumanism could get rid of hardwired biology and help improve biological females physically, psychologically, and intellectually.

Personal interests can make it harder to determine personality traits from different genders. A person from one gender can be interested in music hypothetically. Meanwhile, another person from another gender doesn't like music and likes writing instead hypothetically.

Then we're all doomed...

Except I live in a culture that went from rampant misogyny, to a female leader in a few year's and has gone on to establish a significant percentage of female's in influential role's in that culture (it's not perfect); maybe it's even possible to appreciate that all people have a roll to play, if not completely eradicate such a narrow minded view. 

7 hours ago, SkepticalSpectacle said:

Biological males are designed to be the dominant sex from the human race in the animal kingdom.

Designed to be?

It can't be avoided considering average biological females are sexually attracted to people who are taller than them. Also, average biological females depend on biological males when it comes to engineering, … and topics that require a high I.Q. to understand them successfully when there are more male geniuses than there are female geniuses due to hardwired biology that makes biological males the dominant sex physically, intellectually, and psychologically.

Any evidence to support these rather sexist claims?

Socrates, Plato, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Ludwig van Beethoven, Leonardo da Vinci, William Shakespeare, Elon Musk, George Carlin, Daniel Tosh, and the creators of South Park all have one thing in common. They are biological males. Another thing they have in common is that they have abnormally high intelligence that is harder to obtain for biological females due to hardwired biology, not culture. Because it's harder to make an offspring of daughters with high I.Q.s than it is to make an offspring of sons with high I.Q.s due to hardwired biology. Transhumanism could get rid of hardwired biology and help improve biological females physically, psychologically, and intellectually.

Repeating a claim is not evidence

18 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Then we're all doomed...

Except I live in a culture that went from rampant misogyny, to a female leader in a few year's and has gone on to establish a significant percentage of female's in influential role's in that culture (it's not perfect); maybe it's even possible to appreciate that all people have a roll to play, if not completely eradicate such a narrow minded view. 

It's not a narrow-minded view. Biological males and biological females have starkly different hormones, brain structures, and other things that make them behave significantly different from each other inevitably on average. Biological males have bigger brain volume than biological females do on average, which is why biological males have higher I.Q.s than biological females on average. Biological females have menstrual cycles, higher chance of health disorders, and menopause that all trigger mood swings, physical pain, lack of energy, psychological instability, and other things that make them inferior when completing tasks as employees in the business world compared to average biological males who don't have to deal menstrual cycles, menopause, and stereotypical health disorders biological females deal with. Also, biological males continue to make more money and work more than average biological females. There are more biological females who get sick that cause them to call their employers to let those employers know they won't come into work the following morning than there are biological males who do that. Which is why biological males stastically have more days at work than biological females do on average. There is a difference between misogyny and objective data. Motherhood has successfully caused some biological females to put their careers on hold or end them. Which is why potential female lawyers end up choosing different careers to accommodate their parenting schedule. Sometimes females are paid less from choosing different careers because of them trying to balance a work life and life of being mothers. These females do these things due to hardwired biology that causes an inevitable pattern of behaviour unless transhumanism can reverse that inevitable pattern of behaviour in the future. Only a smaller amount of females have done engineering, architecture, inventing new technologies, philosophical thinking, very heavy lifting of weights, and so forth because they are neither neurotypical nor physically normal because they do not have normal brain activity nor normal physical strength that average biological females do. They are not that common genetically.

15 hours ago, swansont said:

Designed to be?

Yes, through evolution theoretically.

15 hours ago, swansont said:

Any evidence to support these rather sexist claims?

There are statistics and employee records that can prove my point. Men have always done jobs that are more dangerous and require more thinking intellectually than women have done in the past. It's always been like that regardless of feminism, egalitarianism, etc. Women have always depended on men more than men depending on women economically due to hardwired biology despite what so-called independent feminists say. Biological males are more likely to be dangerous sociopaths, psychopaths, sexual predators, rapists, antisocial, con artists, violent killers, criminals, geniuses, and so forth than average biological females are. Which is why biological males are more dangerous in the business world than biological females are on average. Not that I'm saying all biological females are perfect saints that will save the world from greed and corruption. Because I know there are biological females who have done horrifying things to gain money, power, popularity, and other sorts of things. But hardwired biology has made biological males more likely to be violent, antisocial, sociopathic, psychopathic, etc. anyway. I've studied and researched criminology, polemology, geopolitics, biology, and psychology enough to know that men are more powerful and dangerous than women are on average despite what the feminists and egalitarians say. Men are the ones who have done the most damage on Earth through war, crime, abusive violence against women, rape, political tyranny, dividing and conquering people through countries instead of uniting them to make a more peaceful world, religious terrorism, tyrannical sexism, greed, causing criminals to exist from the for-profit prison industry, and polluting the Earth's environment from pollutants caused by toxic industrialisation to benefit amoral capitalism that was caused by mostly men due to dangerous hardwired biology that makes men inevitably more powerful and dangerous than women on average. I'm not saying that biological females shouldn't be engineers, politicians, intellectuals, and other types of people, though. I'm just saying that they are less likely to do specific things because of things they can't control until transhumanism can reverse that lack of control.

Edited by SkepticalSpectacle

5 hours ago, SkepticalSpectacle said:

There are statistics and employee records that can prove my point. Men have always done jobs that are more dangerous and require more thinking intellectually than women have done in the past.

Which is not evidence that this is of biological origin.

Women have always depended on men more than men depending on women economically due to hardwired biology despite what so-called independent feminists say. 

Repetition of claims is not evidence for them.

Biological males are more likely to be dangerous sociopaths, psychopaths, sexual predators, rapists, antisocial, con artists, violent killers, criminals, geniuses, and so forth than average biological females are. Which is why biological males are more dangerous in the business world than biological females are on average.

Again, no evidence being presented, even if some elements of this are true.

And so on...

It's not a narrow-minded view.

It is, you're assuming that strengh/power and and a narrowly defined view of intelligence is superior...

Biological males and biological females have starkly different hormones

Indeed, which is superior?

A male without a female, in terms of evolution isn't much use...

Biological males have bigger brain volume than biological females do on average, which is why biological males have higher I.Q.s than biological females on average.

That doesn't follow, female whale's have much bigger brain's than a man; why aren't they ruling the world?

"You can prove anything with statistics, except the truth"

Have you ever taken a killer whale IQ test?

I guarantee you'd fail... 😉

Ada Lovelace would certainly give you a run for your money... 

Matriarchal society's exist in nature, aren't we natural?

Women have always depended on men more than men depending on women economically due to hardwired biology despite what so-called independent feminists say

"Look on my work's ye mighty and despair" 

Edited by dimreepr

Most of the things in the post have been debunked in the past. There is only a small group of researchers (Lynn, Rushton and similar folks) who are still in the camp of strong gender differences. However, most other groups have failed to reproduce such results. What folks have found instead is that for the most part brain dimorphisms do not exist. If one takes a random brain, no one can really predict with any accuracy whether that brain is male or female. 

The last bastion of these studies are MRI-based, which generates high-dimensional data and allows the distinction of even miniscule differences. On the flip-side we run into statistical issues such as overfitting, which are a common problem with using this kind of data to identify differences (and note, even if we find statistically significant differences in certain areas, it does not necessarily allows us to accurately predict whether a given brain is male or female, the difference would also need to be large enough to make that distinction). However, even MRI fails to be reliable indicator (see David et al. Scientific Reports volume 8, Article number: 6082 (2018) for a discussion on reporting bias).

A recent meta-analysis ( Eliot et al., Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews Volume 125, June 2021, Pages 667-697), the largest of its kind, failed to identified the dimorphisms speculated to exist. In other words, even if the most sensitive means to look at the brain fails to see clear differences, all the wild speculations in the post about these presumably huge gender dimorphisms and then the wild extrapolation regarding to performance are pretty much moot.