Is a black hole a white hole in the future?

Moontanman

A new interpretation of Loop Quantum Gravity would seem to suggest that Black Holes become White Holes in the distant future. 

https://www.livescience.com/64332-black-holes-white-holes-quantum-gravity.html

Their calculation predicts that space-time is curved very strongly near the center of the black hole. The result is that space-time continues into a region in the future that has the structure of a white hole. A white hole is like a black hole in reverse, meaning that unlike a black hole, which pulls matter in, a white hole shoots matter out.

4 hours ago, Moontanman said:

A new interpretation of Loop Quantum Gravity would seem to suggest that Black Holes become White Holes in the distant future. 

https://www.livescience.com/64332-black-holes-white-holes-quantum-gravity.html

I actually recall something similar to that many years ago....A BH eventually leads via a ERB [Einstein Rosen Bridge] or wormhole, to an outpouring of space, time, matter energy in what can be described as a WH and the creation of another universe. Taking the speculation even further, it was then conjectured as to whether the BB could be described as a previous BH in another universe, and via a ERB an outpouring or WH, and creation/evolution of our universe.

At the time, I was quite attracted to the idea.

Edited by beecee

1 hour ago, beecee said:

I actually recall something similar to that many years ago....A BH eventually leads via a ERB [Einstein Rosen Bridge] or wormhole, to an outpouring of space, time, matter energy in what can be described as a WH and the creation of another universe. Taking the speculation even further, it was then conjectured as to whether the BB could be described as a previous BH in another universe, and via a ERB an outpouring or WH, and creation/evolution of our universe.

At the time, I was quite attracted to the idea.

Does that mean the new universe is smaller, less massive, than this one? 

2 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Does that mean the new universe is smaller, less massive, than this one? 

I would imagine so, but growing/expanding all the time, at least, or until the BH in the mother universe becomes dormant. 

50 minutes ago, beecee said:

I would imagine so, but growing/expanding all the time, at least, or until the BH in the mother universe becomes dormant. 

These dimensional things are tricky, I read an earlier study to say that black holes create new universes by tearing a hole in space time that expands another universe and that the mass/energy of that universe comes from the expansion of the rip in space time not from the mass of the black hole. Not to mention that the mass of the black hole continues to affect our spacetime. Or something like that... I'm sure speaking the language of math is required to really understand it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.