small explosion in bathroom

Yamitora1

So I had a jarring incident happen in my bathroom. I notice the toilet tank lid was getting a bit dirty and had blue listerine rings on it. So I carefully picked it up off the tank (because it was cut at one end due to a oversized sink) and put it in the tub after I cleared it off since I kind of use it for storage space. The following items were on the tank lid, a bottle of the works toilet bowl cleaner, listerine mouth wash, epsom salt and goldbond spray. I sat these on the side of the tub or in the sink. on the tub was a bottle of tilex (i really lack storage room)

well i turned on the water and POP! I saw a flash and heard a Loud Pop like an electrical wire fell into the water. It happened so fast I barely saw what happened, but I am pretty sure it was the toilet lid which was where the explosion happened. nothing shattered or anything, but it was still frightening. I don't know if there might have been some kind of compound on the lid where it was sawed off at one end, or if the works, epsom salt and/or listerine could have leaked and formed a hydrophobic compound.

The toilet bowl cleaner isn't leaking and the epsom salt is sealed tight. The listerine did get on the lid since I sometimes forget to rinse out the cap after using it, which then leaks down the bottle and pools around it. There are no electrical wires near the faucet, the closest electrical item is a baseboard heater next to the tube I never use because I don't trust whatever idiot thought it was smart to install something like that in a small bathroom, and no circuit was tripped or anything.

The flash was small but the pop loud. any ideas what might have happened?