Could time and space be older than the creation of our universe

Thinkingape

Just too tickle afew neurons here, went to a uni event on theories on the creation of the universe, I'm not going to lie, im a electronics engineer. Heard a lot of interesting things but it didn't really sit right with me, so this is most probably wrong, but here's a engineers guide on building a universe.

a little story.

A scientist is trapped in a warehouse filled full off cages, he sits in one of the cages , in the dark, wondering where he is.

he shouts out for help and hears other people in the cages next to him, the scientist then reaches out one side of the cage, he feels someone, he shouts whats your name, the first person replied ying,then he reached out to the other side and same again, whats your name, my name is yang.he's glad to see he's not alone.

ying and yang then reach out to greet each, struggling to do so, but when they did finally manage to touch each other, then the scientist witnessed something amazing.

a energy from the two cages that permeated through the entire warehouse, he notices that ying and yang have vanished. Hes shocked to see that the energy is now turning into matter, and that this new matter is effecting the shape of his cage and others around him. With matter comming together like grouped neurons. He then fort to himself I wonder what ying or yang would make of this.

FIN

!

Moderator Note

You need some science to discuss in the science sections. And you need supportive evidence for the Speculations section, so I'm moving this to the Lounge.

Remember we're a science discussion forum. This reads more like a blog post.

1 hour ago, Thinkingape said:

went to a uni event on theories on the creation of the universe

I wouldn't call these theories; just speculative ideas. We have zero information about whether the universe was created and if so how.

I'm not going to lie, im a electronics engineer.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Some of my best friends are electronics engineers!

Heard a lot of interesting things but it didn't really sit right with me

No a good way to judge scientific ideas.

a little story.

I don't really know what this story is supposed to describe. Or how it relates to the universe. Do you want to have another go?

In relation to the title of this thread, "Could time and space be older than the creation of our universe" The prevailing theory that is supported by the overwhelming evidence, is that space and time [as we know them] evolved from a hotter denser state at t+10-43 seconds. The "as we know them" is important.

Thank-you for your replies , well the story was more of a way to get the idea across in a away that could be easily visualized , clearly I was too whimsical. Me trying to imagine building a universe in my head, im no super computer.

The main, theory was that the framework of our universe was already in place before the big bang.which would mean that it's matters effects on this structure (A) that governs time and space,  Which may explain the following.

The branching nature of the universe

(A) Could be a good fit for dark energy

(A) Could be a good fit for dark matter , as (A) could also act as a separator , between unreacted matter and anti matter. Also may explain the uneven distribution of matter leader in up to the big bang. 

Also these are very loose ties. But could also explain the contraction of the universe after the big bang.

And  any questions, please ask.

23 minutes ago, Thinkingape said:

The main, theory was that the framework of our universe was already in place before the big bang.which would mean that it's matters effects on this structure (A) that governs time and space

There are a few models that could fall under this description (even though it is a bit vague):

• The "big bounce" where the universe is the result of the collapse of an earlier version (implementation!) of the universe. (Dark energy makes this one seem less likely than it used to be.)
  • The universe could be infinitely old - this is the result of a model that attempts to add quantum theory to GR in the early universe.
  • Eternal inflation where "bubble" universes like ours appear continuously from continuously inflating space.
26 minutes ago, Thinkingape said:

The branching nature of the universe

The what?

27 minutes ago, Thinkingape said:

(A) Could be a good fit for dark energy

(A) Could be a good fit for dark matter

You would need to show, mathematically, that this produced the effects we see.

Also, as dark matter and dark energy have such vastly different properties, it is hard to see how they could share the same explanation (although there are attempts to do this).

Arrrr... getting late here,but I have a few forts on it, completely speculative, More of a big spread, two factors, after the big bang,1) would of created a large pressure wave. 2 the matter was distributed across A , the matter then caused the warping of A, which would cause gravity, causing the matter to clump together, when the matter has spread out enough from the expansion from the wave, gravity weakens binding the matter in our universe, until A is strong enough to help push it along. Do you know of any computer programs to test this.