choose gender option

good i dea or no  

8 members have voted

1. 1. is this a good idea or something you would like to have

41 minutes ago, sci-man said:

hey guys... wow i didn't think that the choose gender option would be removed... I have no idea what to even say. i honestly didn't think this would go that far and so quick. idek what to say anyways just wanted to stop in byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

oh my, you tricked us... :doh:

It is sexist. 

Treat people based on who they are, not based on what plumbing they use to piss. 

What MigL (and even I sometimes) consider to be chivalrous...  just being a polite, well trained, kind gentleman... is really just another way the inequality is allowed to persist. 

We need to be gentleman to all people. Just be decent regardless of with whom you’re interacting. .

Edited by iNow

I guess I'm sexist.
( I'm also a religious bigot because I tend not to swear with/at religious people )

Sometimes our 'plumbing' is a part of who we are, INow.
Certainly not all that we are, but to a small but measurable extent,our plumbing determines levels of certain hormones which make us more temperamental and willing to take risks, or alternately, more caring and calm.

I can be tolerant of other's self perception, but not willfully blind

We can appreciate that folks have a different background and that sex (and even skin color) often informs one’s personality, but it’s really such a tiny component of what makes a person overall that it’s generally safe to ignore as background noise. 

I don't know about the rest of you but I think that letting a heavy door slam into someone behind you, whatever their sex, is an assault as well as showing a lack of common courtesy.

Also, as iNow and Moontanman know from other sites, just because someone has a first name like mine, doesn't mean that they are female.

1 hour ago, LaurieAG said:

I don't know about the rest of you but I think that letting a heavy door slam into someone behind you, whatever their sex, is an assault as well as showing a lack of common courtesy.

Also, as iNow and Moontanman know from other sites, just because someone has a first name like mine, doesn't mean that they are female.

Damn, I had a crush on you! 

I guess I'll just have to continue to be a human being, it takes work to assume everyone else is a human too especially when so many act like something less than human, I won't lie it takes effort to not have things like prejudices, but I will continue to do my best to not act on those things. I'll have to continue to treat women as special, I guess it's my Mom's fault, or my aunts or grandmothers or my wife, that part is easy. 

19 hours ago, iNow said:

What MigL (and even I sometimes) consider to be chivalrous...  just being a polite, well trained, kind gentleman... is really just another way the inequality is allowed to persist. 

That is true. However, it also shows that we, as a society do not really know what we want. We cannot just switch over to a gender-bias free behaviour, many aspects are ingrained in all of us. It will take the next couple of generations to figure out how they want to realize equality. I doubt any of us can free ourselves fully of the behaviour we learned since we are kids. Also, those on the receiving end are likely also not free of these preconceptions.