choose gender option

good i dea or no  

8 members have voted

1. 1. is this a good idea or something you would like to have

Hi, sci-man here and i was just wondering why there isn't a write your own option for your gender when you make your profile. i understand some people might not be appropriate but non the less i still think it would be a good thing to have. is this a good idea or no? answer the poll

You can choose gender in your profile. I don''t understand the question.

8 minutes ago, iNow said:

If it's even configurable at all, I'd prefer gender be removed entirely from profiles as opposed to adding more options.

It doesn''t really make any difference... it becomes apparent naturally.

For most people, gender does modify their world view.
Gender association, sometimes adds extra insight into a person's opinion.
You know, " walk a mile in their shoes " ( or high heels ) to understand where they're coming from.

This is for opinions mind you, gender has no bearing on facts.

28 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The "I can tell what gender you are by the way you write" thread? Hard to imagine that being civil and respectful. 

Or in any way valid or supportable beyond personal bias...

What are we waiting for? Just remove the option. Make it so, Hypervalent!

13 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

There is no need for a gender option, it easy to tell who is who,

There are 63 genders, including things like male, female, chimeras, and micro-penises. 

https://apath.org/63-genders/

What are tell-tale signs of all 63 of these genders?

23 hours ago, sci-man said:

Hi, sci-man here and i was just wondering why there isn't a write your own option for your gender when you make your profile. i understand some people might not be appropriate but non the less i still think it would be a good thing to have. is this a good idea or no? answer the poll

I'd say no. There would really be no point to it. I mean, if you want to express your gender in any meaningful way, the only ones that the majority of people will even comprehend are male/female related. If I were to put Chimera into the gender section, I don't think it would mean anything to anyone here. It's kinda pointless. 

I also don't feel we should remove it, because it's an option, not a requirement. Don't want people to know your gender? Don't bother saying it. Problem solved.

Edited by Raider5678

14 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

There are 63 genders, including things like male, female, chimeras, and micro-penises. ... What are tell-tale signs of all 63 of these genders?

Well, for that last one anyway, they become POTUS.

19 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

If I’ve pushed the right buttons - and I often do - the option to include gender should now be gone. 

Hmm... I think something went wrong. I just glanced into my pants and suddenly I look like a Ken doll.

*two years later*

New topic:

choose gender option

"Could we have an option to choose our gender on here?"

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

It's gone. All they've got to rely on now is my androgynous photo, which should keep them guessing

Used a random number generator from 1 to 63. Selected the corresponding one. https://apath.org/63-genders

Androgine Female-Attracted Androdite?