Is mutation always cancer?

fredreload

Your title and your description ask totally different questions. Both of equal childishness.
1) Title - No
2) Description - Of what happening? People gaining powers through the X-gene?

Apologies Mods but I feel really offended when people misquote even comic book science. 

Homo superior (Human mutants) possess the X-Gene positioned on the 23rd chromosome(sexual chromosome). Another account mentions a X-Factor chromosome, or chromosomal X-Factor. On Earth-616 and on other realities, it is sometimes stated that there are mutant genes, X-Factor chromosomes, or even no clear mutant factors but complex structures. Although, it is often clearly stated that the mutant gene truly exists.

Of course this is science fiction. So no, superpowers do not exist. 

Most of all it's X-men not X-man.

And just to clarify if you read my quote. Having an extra chromosome is not generally beneficial in human biology back here in the real world. 

1 hour ago, Silvestru said:

Your title and your description ask totally different questions. Both of equal childishness.
1) Title - No
2) Description - Of what happening? People gaining powers through the X-gene?

Apologies Mods but I feel really offended when people misquote even comic book science. 

Of course this is science fiction. So no, superpowers do not exist. 

Most of all it's X-men not X-man.

And just to clarify if you read my quote. Having an extra chromosome is not generally beneficial in human biology back here in the real world. 

Alright, enough joking.

There are two types of mutations.

1. For muscle dystrophy or color blindness because of a single letter genetic mutation. Sometimes they send in the crispr to fix that one single letter for proper enzyme production. What I assume is that once the letter is switched, the correct enzyme begins to produce without having to proliferate(regeneration).

2. This is from speculation(I guess it really doesn't belong here = =). If I swap all the chromosomes in my body with the bear's chromosome, which is considered a mutation. Do all the cells in my body gets converted to bear cells automatically?

Do the cell's identity changes because I swap the chromosomes in the nucleus? Human cell + bear chromsomes in the nucleus = bear cell?

P.S. I think it is possible, question answered, thanks

Edited by fredreload

6 hours ago, fredreload said:

We've all seen x-man right? What's the chance of that happening Charon?

Zero

"Is mutation always cancer?"
No.

Many mutations are irrelevant.The change is not important.

Most would lead to cell death.

A few lead to cancer.

A tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction might actually be beneficial.

• 3 months later...