baby with genes solely from two same sex parents?

aganetha

I know this may be controversial, let alone unethical, and I am in no way an expert in this topic yet I want to know if it is possible. 

I watched this dog cloning video (credible, i know right?) where they used DNA from a dog's skin cell (as they phrased it) and integrated it into an egg cell where DNA has been removed. I was just wondering if it would be possible, if not now, in the future, to create a child made from two same sex parents. 

As of now I've only contemplated two male parents as far as my knowledge can grasp, yet I feel like if it could happen the events would be something like this:

The DNA in the egg cell is removed and replaced by genes from a sperm with an x-chromosome from parent A [which I don't even know if it is possible to identify which sex chromosome a sperm has without damaging any genetic information], then the egg may undergo IVF with sperm from parent B, if there's any chance that egg cell is functional after being remodeled. The egg would of course have to come from another female yet none of her genes will be passed on if in any case this will actually work.

I know this is a very questionable discourse but I would like to think someone somewhere here has the answer and I would love to entertain it may they prove me incredibly wrong or partially agree with what I think is possible.

I hope to satiate my head about this topic so I can finally rest. Thank you.

No, it's a good question. This has actually been accomplished for mice recently. Unfortunately offspring of the male mice didn't survive, though those of the female mice did.

Using gene editing and stem cells, researchers in China have helped mice of the same sex bear pups. While this feat has been accomplished before with mouse moms, the new study marks the first time that pups from pairs of male mice were also carried to full term.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/10/news-gene-editing-crispr-mice-stem-cells/

Went basically like you've suggested here.

There's normally coding for which parent a chromosome comes from and the normal inheritance of mitochondria(mother)/centrosome(father). Us not getting things exactly right is likely the cause of the remaining issues. I feel confident it'll happen though. Matter of understanding rather than impossibility.