What do you think about creationism?

seularts

Recently I have run into this type of channel on Youtube:

(Deleted)

Where people in the comment section praise the ideology of this man as they were real/fact - that evolution is not real or a science! I see the danger since repeating a lie over and over again can become a reality for others since very few people fact-check statements these days! What do you believe creationism is doing better than science to promote their ideas and why are people so happy with those ideas!?

What do you think about creationism?

I think that by supporting and spreading such ideas as "Young Earth creationism" *) they are stupefying people..

*) By "Young Earth creationism" I mean claim that this world is less than 10,000 years old, rejection of evolution, fossil remains are some kind of lie (fallen trees and bodies of dead animals could not change to coal, oil and gas in such short amount of time), etc. etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceptance_of_evolution_by_religious_groups

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution

If those data are correct (they can't be that far off) then it's frightening how many people deny evolution. (most of them believe in creationism)

"According to the PEW research center, Afghanistan has the lowest acceptance of evolution in the Muslim countries. Only 26% of people in Afghanistan accept evolution. 62% deny human evolution and believe that humans have always existed in their present form"

"The theory of evolution is a 'hard sell' in schools in Israel. More than half of Israeli Jews accept the human evolution while more than 40% deny human evolution & claim that humans have always existed in their present form"

Edited by Itoero