Earth spinning at lightspeed

Hans de Vries

What would happen if the Earth suddenly started spinning at the speed of light?

Since its mass would go to infinity in infinitely small period of time, would it immediately turn into a black hole with infinite mass exerting such a gravitational force to start pulling the entire universe towards itself at lightspeed?

If at it's surface it was suddenly at almost lightspeed, for some unexplainable reason, and physical reality immediately came back into play, I think it would become a Black Hole of finite mass, with the mass depending on how close to lightspeed that "almost lightspeed" was.

Some of the known Universe should escape, due to the Expansion and time required for any effect to reach the distant known Universe.

1 hour ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Some of the known Universe should escape, due to the Expansion and time required for any effect to reach the distant known Universe.

Although, I assume most of the known universe would have had to be destroyed to provide the energy to spin the Earth that fast.

13 minutes ago, Strange said:

Although, I assume most of the known universe would have had to be destroyed to provide the energy to spin the Earth that fast.

Yeah. But that's getting back to your original point about the physical impossibility. How do you even approach the Earth with a small fraction of that energy without it imploding into a Black Hole? You start with a nice little Merry-go-Earth project, it implodes into a small Black Hole(if you somehow strengthen things to avoid your first objection...flying apart), and everyone involved that doesn't get sucked in abandons the project and races for cover...

Edited by J.C.MacSwell