A diet-stress-diathesis model of homosexuality

I had some time this summer to work on my previous research on diet, stress and homosexuality, so I put a revised, extended paper "A diet-stress-diathesis model of homosexuality" on PsyArxiv:

https://psyarxiv.com/bjxvs/

The paper analyses in detail how the attribution of sexual arousal to a cue, courtship, thrusting reflex and orgasm get affected in homosexuality. The mechanisms of how addiction, brain inflammation, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, diet and stress affect the phases of the sexual response cycle are discussed.  

!

Moderator Note

This is a discussion forum, so what is it you wish to discuss? It's not the right venue to just post a link to a paper you wrote. Discussion is supposed to take place here, without requiring people to click any links.

17 hours ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

This is a discussion forum, so what is it you wish to discuss? It's not the right venue to just post a link to a paper you wrote. Discussion is supposed to take place here, without requiring people to click any links.

My question is: What do the members of this forum think about the hypothesis that diet and stress cause homosexuality? If they wish to know why I think so, they have all the information in the shared link. The link is to a non-profit science archive. I have to link because the study has over 60 pages of interlinked information and arguments.  It has new research and ideas compared to the one I shared last year. 

17 hours ago, Itoero said:

Have a look to these pages:

http://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INAH_3  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_dimorphic_nucleus

Homosexuality is scientifically 'understood',  no need to discuss this.

There are new studies published all the time on homosexuality. Many scientists see it as researchable, hence discussable. 

1 hour ago, ritastrakosha said:

My question is: What do the members of this forum think about the hypothesis that diet and stress cause homosexuality?

It is totally idiotic. Presumably there is some sort of religious or other bigotry behind this.

1 hour ago, ritastrakosha said:

My question is: What do the members of this forum think about the hypothesis that diet and stress cause homosexuality?

I think it's laughable.

I know gay people who are fat and gay people who are thin. I know gay people who are nervous, and gay people who are ebullient.

And the same is true of straight people. Ditto vegetarians, vegans etc.

The data just doesn't fit the hypothesis.
The only interesting question left is, why are you so obsessed with homosexuality that you dream up (and write about and post) this ridiculous idea in spite of the obvious faults in it?

1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

I think it's laughable.

I know gay people who are fat and gay people who are thin. I know gay people who are nervous, and gay people who are ebullient.

And the same is true of straight people. Ditto vegetarians, vegans etc.

The data just doesn't fit the hypothesis.
The only interesting question left is, why are you so obsessed with homosexuality that you dream up (and write about and post) this ridiculous idea in spite of the obvious faults in it?

Another interesting thing is, why are you so obsessed with psychology and psychiatry to be a member of this forum? 

Keep focused on the question. The answers to your dilemmas are in the study. 

9 minutes ago, ritastrakosha said:

The answers to your dilemmas are in the study

And, as has been pointed out already, if they are not here we can't discuss them.

However, it's difficult to see how anything you have written will help.

10 minutes ago, ritastrakosha said:

Another interesting thing is, why are you so obsessed with psychology and psychiatry to be a member of this forum? 

Sorry, that simply doesn't make sense

There's plenty of homosexual behavior found out in nature. Solid Game Theory rules dictating it's existence, if nothing else.

Society just ended up brainwashed against it and is finally starting to break free again. Almost two thousand years later and we have gay marriage again.

Has that paper been formally published(reviewed) anywhere?

5 hours ago, ritastrakosha said:

Poppycock; causation vs correlation

Anyone who has taken an intro to psych or a statistics class has heard the old adage, “correlation does not imply causation.” Just because two trends seem to fluctuate in tandem, this rule posits, that doesn’t prove that they are meaningfully related to one another. 

Edited by dimreepr

37 minutes ago, Endy0816 said:

There's plenty of homosexual behavior found out in nature. Solid Game Theory rules dictating it's existence, if nothing else.

Society just ended up brainwashed against it and is finally starting to break free again. Almost two thousand years later and we have gay marriage again.

Has that paper been formally published(reviewed) anywhere?

It is under review. Yes, there is plenty of homosexual behavior, like there is plenty of different kinds of behavior. So, what? 2000 years of brainwashing seems a long time. 

23 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I know about causation and correlation. The study has addressed this by explaining at the physiological level how stress leads to homosexuality.  

4 hours ago, Strange said:

It is totally idiotic. Presumably there is some sort of religious or other bigotry behind this.

I am an atheist.

5 hours ago, ritastrakosha said:

Many scientists see it as researchable, hence discussable. 

Many scientists are religious….

Homosexuality is present in many animal species. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

An homosexual animal has generally no offspring which enables him or her to take care/protect offspring of friends or family. Homosexual members can strengthen the family which causes evolutionary succes.

Homosexuality is caused by the hypothalamus which is created in prenatal development.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_development

1 minute ago, Itoero said:

Many scientists are religious….

Homosexuality is present in many animal species. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

An homosexual animal has generally no offspring which enables him or her to take care/protect offspring of friends or family. Homosexual members can strengthen the family which causes evolutionary succes.

Homosexuality is caused by the hypothalamus which is created in prenatal development.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_development

So you say that a population where let's say 10% of the pairs are homosexual and 90% of the pairs are heterosexual  the family is stronger and children better cared for than in a population where 100% of the pairs are heterosexual. Homosexual pairs are not better equipped than heterosexual pairs to raise children. It would be evolutionary better for children to be raised by male-female pairs instead of male-male or female-female pairs. Millions of years of evolution have led to female-male pairs being the norm. 

1 minute ago, ritastrakosha said:

So you say that a population where let's say 10% of the pairs are homosexual and 90% of the pairs are heterosexual  the family is stronger and children better cared for than in a population where 100% of the pairs are heterosexual. Homosexual pairs are not better equipped than heterosexual pairs to raise children. It would be evolutionary better for children to be raised by male-female pairs instead of male-male or female-female pairs. Millions of years of evolution have led to female-male pairs being the norm. 

did god tell you that?

12 minutes ago, ritastrakosha said:

know about causation and correlation. The study has addressed this by explaining at the physiological level how stress leads to homosexuality.  

Your sexual orientation is already set at birth. But external factors can have an influence. In many societies there is a homosexuality-discrimination. That's why many people suppress there natural needs which causes many people to show homosexuality on a later age.

If a certain hair color is discriminated then you colour your hair until your society is 'ready'  to see your natural hair color. This is in a sense analogous to people covering up homosexuality.

6 hours ago, ritastrakosha said:

My question is: What do the members of this forum think about the hypothesis that diet and stress cause homosexuality? If they wish to know why I think so, they have all the information in the shared link. The link is to a non-profit science archive. I have to link because the study has over 60 pages of interlinked information and arguments.  It has new research and ideas compared to the one I shared last year. 

There are new studies published all the time on homosexuality. Many scientists see it as researchable, hence discussable. 

!

Moderator Note

Thank you for reminding me that you brought this up before. That topic was closed for lack of science support, and you were told not to bring the subject up again.