Psychology question #1

ALine

18 minutes ago, ALine said:

do words have feelings attached to them?

No. The same word (the same letters, or signs) in different languages can have different meanings. Even in one language, a word can have multiple meanings, depending on the context in which the word is used. Words can cause feelings in the human brain (different feelings because of different meanings). Positive, negative or neutral feelings.

ps. You should make thread title appropriate to the content of the thread instead of using such general as "question".

Edited by Sensei

oh, sorry looking back at it I miss phrased that. What I ment to say was are you supposed to feel something when you see a word. Like a happy feeling of knowing that something is there?

like a "knowing" feeling if that makes any sense

Edited by ALine

ah, ok then. Maybe it is just the excitement from being able to trust the information that my professors have been attempting to give me all of these years along with the fact that there is just so much that I do not know and wish to learn. Thank you for telling me this and helping prevent me from getting of track from truly understanding reality and the external world around me. I will focus on my studies so that I can obtain a better depth of understanding so that I may better my chosen field of research. :D