I appear to be on the way out the door .....

23 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Who's preaching now, Strange?   If I had said at any time on this forum I'd get the severest criticism and ALL the mods and Iodine would agree that I was Off Topic Out of Place Out of my Mind and Deluded for believing in prayer and God. 

No. This is your paranoia. It is quite OK to mention god or religion. Even in discussions of science. If you can't see the difference between that and repeatedly dragging threads off topic with your rants about religion, then there is probably no hope for you.

6 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Sadism is even worse, Phi.  Sadism inflicts pain. 

Except in this case, it is entirely in your imagination.

7 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Misogyny is just an attitude. 

And it is an insulting attitude. To use misogyny when trying to claim you are not being insulting is self-defeating.

8 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Was it his negative behaviour that was a magnet for his crucifixion? 

Arguably. But a discussion about whether he forced the hand of the Romans in order to be martyred, while interesting, would be off topic! So let's not.

41 minutes ago, Strange said:

"He's just this guy, you know" (Hitchhiker's Guide reference).

He is in Australia, according to his profile. I assume his username is based on his initials. He has no relationship as far as I know to any of the mods. He is (I think he has said) a little younger than you - I cannot remember now if he is older or younger than me. Maybe a year or two older, I think. 

(This is all based on information disclosed on the forum; not anything visible only to moderators.)

Either because he doesn't get reported (or noticed by a mod) or because the reports have no substance. He has had no formal warnings but he has been the target of modnotes in threads that have got heated.

Yup I've seen examples of BeeCee luring people into discussion (including myself) then when the discussion doesn't go his way he reports to the mods so that the other person gets severe warnings and he gets off almost with a 'thanks for tipping us about this person BeeCee.'  Two other participants have messaged me about BeeCee, and I think it was the day I joined here I get a message about how biased the moderation is.  

Just because other people try to be forgiving (as I'm told I should be by a mod) and not report BeeCee is that a reason the mods simply take his word for what's going on and not read the discussion to establish what is going on?  

Here's what earned my 7 day suspension .. BeeCee initiated a talk about God and religion, I reminded him it was against the rules, we exchanged messages, he took one of my messages and posted it and reported it.   I get the suspension for keeping the discussion off the pages.  BeeCee earns the respect of the mods and Iodine.  Nice.  Very, very nice.  Who wouldn't think he's a child relative of the Admin?  He's a wayward spoiled rotten lewd and thoughtless child, regardless of his age.    Why should members NOT be able to exchange messages, that's what the message function is there for.  Just another example of tyranny.  

But .. let's all read the Revelation.  We're all on the same sinking planet.  We all need to reach up and grab ahold before it sinks.

3 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

BeeCee initiated a talk about God and religion, I reminded him it was against the rules, we exchanged messages, he took one of my messages and posted it and reported it. 

Nope, that was me, another one of iNow's sock puppets. 

Not all people can change their mind. I am surprised by the patience of all of you guys that try to explain and I admire you but at some point it became ok...to suspend someone in this discussion at least for a bit. Just my opinion, all I am saying that if more people would behave this way we would need more mods. I think most of them are participating in/moderating this thread by now.

I think we would all understand if you at least added someone from here in the ModQueue.

50 minutes ago, swansont said:

Completely irrelevant to the discussion, and just more preaching on your part. This is why you're in trouble. You apparently just can't not bring this into a discussion.

I was responding to a specific comments (below,) Swan with a comment specifically relevant to that comment.  If you can't see that YOU need some rest.  You also need to ditch what appears to be hatred towards the Word as well as your love for tyranny.

I think it was only me that said you (and the other guy) were deluded for believing the bible in light of the world of evidence against it.... It wasn't the mods.  It wasn't meant as an insult, I was in the same boat myself for many years.  Even when ALL the evidence pointed against what I believed - I still CHOSE to believe it....  I was deluded. It is just a word that defines such a state of mind. 

No - MOST of them are fiction (depends on the bookshop)  -  no-one is saying that because the bible is fiction then all other books are or are not fiction.... each gets it's own assessment individually.

2 minutes ago, zapatos said:

BeeCee was involved.  Why would you act in such a devious, dirty way that lacked morals or ethics?

25 minutes ago, Strange said:

No. This is your paranoia. It is quite OK to mention god or religion. Even in discussions of science. If you can't see the difference between that and repeatedly dragging threads off topic with your rants about religion, then there is probably no hope for you.

Except in this case, it is entirely in your imagination.

And it is an insulting attitude. To use misogyny when trying to claim you are not being insulting is self-defeating.

Arguably. But a discussion about whether he forced the hand of the Romans in order to be martyred, while interesting, would be off topic! So let's not.

mi·sog·y·ny
/məˈsäjənē/
noun

1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.
    "she felt she was struggling against thinly disguised misogyny"

So you're saying I have contempt and prejudice against all women, instead of simply knowing a fault common among SOME women?  That's quite a stretch.

But again .. if I mention God it's a crime .. if you mention God you're a hero.  You're "repeatedly dragging threads off topic" is an accusation which you repeat and repeat and repeat .. with no examples.  But you don't need examples Strange because you have the button.  It's unfortunate you mods have got carried away as a pack of pirrhana in this .. you were all making such great progress.
8 minutes ago, zapatos said:

And now I've reported this post for the personal attack.

Good.  You deserve that the mods know about it too.  And yes, it was personal .. and suits you completely.  But attack?  Did it hurt?  Do you carry a bruise?  Are you bleeding?  Poor, poor baby.

31 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Yup I've seen examples of BeeCee luring people into discussion (including myself) then when the discussion doesn't go his way he reports to the mods

How is it that you "see" someone reporting posts to the mods?

24 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

I was responding to a specific comments (below,) Swan with a comment specifically relevant to that comment.  If you can't see that YOU need some rest.  You also need to ditch what appears to be hatred towards the Word as well as your love for tyranny.

You're missing the point. ALL of that discussion is off-topic. Any appeal to the Bible, or similar, (other than quoting previous posts) simply IS NOT RELEVANT to any discussion we are having here, in this thread. Which is in "Suggestions, Comments and Support", not Religion. (Even in religion, certain behavior is not permitted)

Trying to keep discussions in a discussion forum on-topic is the new tyranny, I guess.

Let my people go...off on a tangent

13 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

So you're saying I have contempt and prejudice against all women

You suffer from a real problem with detail. Why did you add "all" to the definition? This turns your question into a straw man argument.

But, yes, your statement was offensively misogynistic.

15 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

But again .. if I mention God it's a crime

Nope. If you "mentioned" god, I doubt anyone would care. But a 100 word diatribe about what you believe and how evil everyone else is, does rather sound like preaching.

16 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

But attack?  Did it hurt?

Irrelevant. It is still against the rules. (But, yes, words do hurt.)

15 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:
Good.  You deserve that the mods know about it too.  And yes, it was personal .. and suits you completely.  But attack?  Did it hurt?  Do you carry a bruise?  Are you bleeding?  Poor, poor baby.

Another good Christian on Science Forums.

50 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

you could present your evidence of the bible's error and I could correct your errors.

but you'd 'correct' them with quoted scripture from the book in question rather than real world evidences, which is what people get frustrated about. I'd probably enjoy the debate...  but if you just quote the bible as your sole argument then no one will be interested. You cannot use the bible as evidence or support for what is written in the same book. The argument is that the book has errors.. find ONE error and the whole thing falls apart as god is supposed to be perfect and wouldn't allow this mess to happen.

The numinous I feel for how science describes the way the universe and life evolved is amazing - greater even than if it were made by a magic word from a supernatural being (which only draws the question - where did that come from anyway?)....  when I see a new blue supermoon low on the horizon I still find myself looking to praise  whatever set such a beautiful thing there - it is only natural...  but proves nothing... nothing 'put' it there. Just because an old book says certain things proves nothing - there are many old books and many other religions in which people feel as strongly as you do about your faith and if you were bought up somewhere else in the world you'd have a different religion by your upbringing.

1 hour ago, coffeesippin said:

Didn't I identify those 10,000 books as non-fiction. 

:)   I have 'reference' books and 'science' books from childhood that are WAYYY out of date - lol. They aren't fiction.... but reading my encyclopedia of astronomy and science that I got from MY granddad when I was very young it shows it's age for sure, lol.  Some things in it are plain wrong... although they were 'right' at the time as far as they could be with what they knew then.  

Just to let you know - I gave you a couple of neg reps when you started trying to push HI around.  The mods do a good job of trying to keep some sense and order in these discussions (it is a science site....  and we are discussing a supernatural all powerful magical being that has no evidence for its existence, how do expect these discussions to go? lol).

9 hours ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

Do you know, that in all our correspondence, I am not sure I have ever brought my gender - and certainly not my opinion on a woman's right to abortion - into discussion? You say you don't condemn women, but you certainly do bring up the fact that I am one a lot in a post where you attempt to deride my character and my ability to moderate this forum. Why? What possible bearing does it have on this conversation?  

Hmmm, interesting, and here's poor old me thinking you were just one of the blokes! :P

3 hours ago, coffeesippin said:

.. BeeCee initiated a talk about God and religion, I reminded him it was against the rules, we exchanged messages, he took one of my messages and posted it and reported it.   I get the suspension for keeping the discussion off the pages.    Why should members NOT be able to exchange messages, that's what the message function is there for.  Just another example of tyranny.  

I've let you proceed without comment on this thread, actually because I started feeling sorry for you and hoped that you would calm down.But now another blatant lie from you has changed that. I have never messaged you...you have never messaged me...you are a blatant liar.

33 minutes ago, beecee said:

Hmmm, interesting, and here's poor old me thinking you were just one of the blokes! :P

I've let you proceed without comment on this thread, actually because I started feeling sorry for you and hoped that you would calm down.But now another blatant lie from you has changed that. I have never messaged you...you have never messaged me...you are a blatant liar.

Okay .. I had taken you off ignore.  I don't have time right now to look into your claim that we never messaged.   But IF I was in error it's no reason to call me a blatant liar.  So .. unfortunately .. I HAVE to put you back on ignore to avoid hard feelings that interfere with my relationship with others around me, as your comment is typical of your entire relationship with several others on this forum, seemingly all in fact but mods and admins.  You may think my putting you on ignore is not compliant with my personal faith, but as you are not of that faith you don't know the intricacies.

3 hours ago, DrP said:

but you'd 'correct' them with quoted scripture from the book in question rather than real world evidences, which is what people get frustrated about. I'd probably enjoy the debate...  but if you just quote the bible as your sole argument then no one will be interested. You cannot use the bible as evidence or support for what is written in the same book. The argument is that the book has errors.. find ONE error and the whole thing falls apart as god is supposed to be perfect and wouldn't allow this mess to happen.

The numinous I feel for how science describes the way the universe and life evolved is amazing - greater even than if it were made by a magic word from a supernatural being (which only draws the question - where did that come from anyway?)....  when I see a new blue supermoon low on the horizon I still find myself looking to praise  whatever set such a beautiful thing there - it is only natural...  but proves nothing... nothing 'put' it there. Just because an old book says certain things proves nothing - there are many old books and many other religions in which people feel as strongly as you do about your faith and if you were bought up somewhere else in the world you'd have a different religion by your upbringing.

:)   I have 'reference' books and 'science' books from childhood that are WAYYY out of date - lol. They aren't fiction.... but reading my encyclopedia of astronomy and science that I got from MY granddad when I was very young it shows it's age for sure, lol.  Some things in it are plain wrong... although they were 'right' at the time as far as they could be with what they knew then.  

Just to let you know - I gave you a couple of neg reps when you started trying to push HI around.  The mods do a good job of trying to keep some sense and order in these discussions (it is a science site....  and we are discussing a supernatural all powerful magical being that has no evidence for its existence, how do expect these discussions to go? lol).

Push someone around?   By convincing posts you mean?  Dr.P if you want to start a topic about accuracy of the bible please start one, and I'll do my best to avoid using it as a source of proof IF you substantiate your claims.  But know one thing, the bible has been translated by the best minds of today and yesterday.  You might totally believe the 'truth' of what are said to be clay tablets from Babylon without ever having held one in your hand, without ever having known anyone personally who has held one in his hand, with no knowledge of the language inscribed on the tablet, with no way of knowing if the proposed tablet is genuine or fake.  YOU are in the exact same position with your clay tablets as I am with the bible except for the reality of the Holy Ghost .. something you can't measure or know until he comes to you.  So open your discussion and notify me .. we might have fun if we aren't told we're going OT with this OT with that and OT with the other thing. 

Also .. statements like I was 'pushing someone around' should be evidenced.  I don't care if anyone negative reps me, I expect it, but accusations are unpleasant.  I have to check to see if one of mine concerning BeeCee was in error.    

Okay .. I can find no BeeCee in my message box, Zapatos said it was him I was mistaking for BeeCee .. zapatos also said he is a sock puppet of iNow .. what's to be believed?

4 hours ago, zapatos said:

Just plain weird eh, zapatos saying he is an iNow sock puppet?  What is he NOT saying.  Do I owe BeeCee an apology.  I really don't know at this point .. but the 'BeeCee' and I never messaged.  There was such nastiness from him for so long I had to put him on ignore, took him off, put him back on for the same nastiness (blatant liar.)  I was put on suspension for 10 days .. am I supposed to remember who's who around here under those circumstances?    I hope we can do better.

Edited by coffeesippin
evidenced

• 2 months later...